Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hesitant to put this on here but i really need a solution. I was riding next to my buddy last night and he has a honda d16 w/ vtec. And he was like lets race just for fun so i did. And he ran toe to toe w/ me. I was like wtf :laughat: He has nothing done but a intake to his car. I don't know if my car is misfiring or is losing compression on a cylinder or something. But i think something is wrong and help on how to find out wat the problem is. Like how do i test for a misfire or check compression

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but still i wouldn't think he could run w/ me.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My rsx is stock

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
I remember one of my few trips to the 1/4 mile, I raced a CRX that was bone stock and he got a decent jump on me, even though I had one of the best launches and reaction time that I had ever had. I ran a 15.0-something and he ran a 15.3 I believe, but I too was shocked. I had a CAI, but that was it.

I'm not a very good 1/4 driver, but given the lack of ability I had, I considered it a perfect run. Not sure how he drove, but hypothetically speaking, if you're bone stock and he's a decent driver, it's not impossible that it'd happen by any stretch of the imagination.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i am going to try a compression test 2mar. I drive a type s and he drives like a late 90's d16 vtec civic ex. He got beat by a 00 accord so if it could beat him it would beat me. I was just suprised how well he did. I mean they all look at my rsx-s as fast but apparently it's not as fast as we all thought. It really wants me to get my turbo kit done like NOW

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do i reset the ecu is there any potential problem in doing that

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
Well i am going to try a compression test 2mar. I drive a type s and he drives like a late 90's d16 vtec civic ex. He got beat by a 00 accord so if it could beat him it would beat me. I was just suprised how well he did. I mean they all look at my rsx-s as fast but apparently it's not as fast as we all thought. It really wants me to get my turbo kit done like NOW
no he drives a type-s

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See something must be wrong if ppl think i have a base it's bullshit i was told that a d16 w/ a gt30r only pushing like 250 or 260 on 12psi how the fuk did this keep up w/ me. Something must be wrong. I guess i am going to tear the whole engine apart to find out wats wrong

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wat u mean driver mod like he's a better driver. Nah this is is first manual and he still stalls and bogs alot. I am not saying i am the best but i am pretty good. The only mod he has is cai tho. I am still in shock

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
maybe the d16 has a better driver mod.
word...sounds like you should be taking driving lessons, not trying to blame it on the car

I would give you a slight edge if both drivers were equal....if the race was equal the better driver was in the other car. At least for that race.

/just saw you have the 02-04...that is a driver's race pure and simple

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.