Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellas, and maybe ladies, I didn't want to make a new thread about this cuz it just takes up space, but oh well...here it goes.

So i was cleaning my IAC valve, and it was f'ing dirty too, and the emission purge valve f'ing broke! (they're very brittle plastic i found out)

If you don't know what emission purge valve is, it's a sensor on top of throttle body, next to map sensor. (or just follow the hose with green knob towards throttle body)

Annnyway, i got a replacement purge valve, ($77 :whoa:) but the screws are NOT coming out! Well it would if I was doing it, but since it's not near me, I'm giving my sister instructions. lol and my dad couldn't even unscrew it. I think the screw seized up. I told her to use impact driver and tap it lightly, but i figured that might be a bad idea since i might damage the throttle body or something. Any suggestions on how a girl can unscrew these two gaddam screws easily? lol thanks.

It's like a 20 minute job too, but those screws are making it way harder :run:

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already told her to try that....but it's not working after 3 hours later. lol she didn't work for 3 hours, but let it try to seep through ya know? lol dumb screws! i don't want to drill this thing...:ugh:

·
Educated *******
13,418 Posts
Lift weights and become strong enough to seperate the two. Until then you don't deserve to drive the car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If it is the two scews i am thinking about, they have a round head. It gave me enough to clamp down on the side of the screw with some small pliers and use them instead of a screw driver.

Reactions: minouuupak

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man have I been waiting for somebody to post something in reference to what I need help with. My CEL light came on, and got it checked at Autozone, told me something like purge valve low. The person at Autozone told me I could probably just clean it, so the CEL would go off, but I have no clue even where this is, does anybody know how I could clean this? Any advice?

Oh, and to the threadstarter, sorry for threadjacking.

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man have I been waiting for somebody to post something in reference to what I need help with. My CEL light came on, and got it checked at Autozone, told me something like purge valve low. The person at Autozone told me I could probably just clean it, so the CEL would go off, but I have no clue even where this is, does anybody know how I could clean this? Any advice?

Oh, and to the threadstarter, sorry for threadjacking.
eh, no problem i don't care.

Search for DIY IAC valve clean. there's a DIY. or easiest thing to do is, go to a acura site like google delray acura, then they will have a pic of the throttle body, along with blown up pictures of IAC valve/ emission purge valve/ whatnot. Then take off the throttle body, disassemble IAC valve, then clean. :thumbsup: then put it back. But be careful fo the purge valve, for it is very brittle...

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
tighten it first then loosen. i have to do it with screws all the time at work and had to do it to the screw holding the map sensor like a week ago. it wont turn hardly at all but it will just budge, enough to break it loose. trust me i know it sounds weird but tell her to try it. just put alot of pressure down on the screw driver and turn it just a little.

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tighten it first then loosen. i have to do it with screws all the time at work and had to do it to the screw holding the map sensor like a week ago. it wont turn hardly at all but it will just budge, enough to break it loose. trust me i know it sounds weird but tell her to try it. just put alot of pressure down on the screw driver and turn it just a little.
cool, thanks :)

repped everyone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts