Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
i-vtec.Do you?
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking threw the net and came across endyn.From the looks of their history which i might say is very impressive(VERY) im hoping they start some kind of k-series program so far they have a carbon fiber intake manifold for the rsx coming soon that absorbs 87% less power robbing heat ill include a link to the website and check out their history and technical guides off the hook.If they start development and build up a k20 motor i think it would lay the smackdown on hytech and ib:thumbsup:http://endynracingengines.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Endyn is pretty well known considering they've never really done anything significant for the aftermarket, or anywhere for what matter. Mostly just empty promises and "custom" Wiseco pistons. Their supercharger was supposed to come out like 5 years ago. Anyway, they're supposed to be doing the headwork for Hytech on the k20 kits.
 

·
i-vtec.Do you?
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really didnt know that thanks for the info
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9 Posts
Haha........they have never really done anything?

you are correct on the hytech thing

Mr. Endyn (Bob Norwood) has contributed alot to racing over the years.....he is always pushing the envelope to come up with crazy stuff. Their current project is building Chris Rado's new Celica for Pro FWD...........it will be a 7 second car.
 

·
i-vtec.Do you?
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob norwood is mr endyn holy shit that man is god when it comes to import and domestic tuning i was reading a article on him how he built this crazy ass porshe 911 with a 968 four cylinder making over 900 hp on race gas and lapped everyone the first time out with the car and blew the track record by 8 sec they quickly changed the rules and qasked him to never bring the car agin lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9 Posts
thats what he is famous for.........Im curious to see what new rules come out this year after he builds Chris's new car

NHRA already made rules that wont let him run the new car at their events, so he said whatever, I'm just going to run at NOPI then! This year looks to be an exciting one in Pro FWD with alot of stiff competition

The Saturn
The Civic
The Celica
The RSX

they all look to be exciting cars
 

·
I support Death Panels
Joined
·
8,112 Posts
I've read conflicting things, including the bit about Hytech's headwork, but the mythical B / D-series supercharger was pretty annoying. The website has had "teaser" info up on for more than three years.

It generated enormous excitement in the Honda world, ("wait 'til I get my Endyne supercharger!") until people began to realize that it just wasn't ever going to happen.

http://www.theoldone.com/sc/faq.html

Aside from this picture, and one article where someone claims to have driven the Endyne supercharged ITR, nothing has ever come from it, other than a lot of outrageous horsepower claims and hype.

They *still* haven't taken the info down, despite the fact that the sc is pretty clearly vaporware. Meanwhile the tone of everything on the website is very haughty, suggesting that the mighty Endyne doesn't need to answer anyone's questions, and will produce its revolutionary, intercooled, traction-controlled, 400 hp supercharger whenever it sees fit.

They've been saying this for over THREE YEARS. And to my knowledge, they've never explained what happened, assuming they ever meant to produce the thing. They stopped updating the FAQ in 2000.

Maybe their founder is a legitimate motor expert, and maybe their other parts are great, but just for the ridiculous supercharger fantasy and their endless, empty bragging about it,

I call "B.S."


 

·
Meow?
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
If you do a bit of searching on various forums (HT, HAN, etc) you will find a lot of shady information regarding Larry Widmer and Endyn.


Rather than reposting a lot of it I'll just tell you to read it and draw your own conclusions. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
jdkindle said:
Haha........they have never really done anything?

you are correct on the hytech thing

Mr. Endyn (Bob Norwood) has contributed alot to racing over the years......
I've heard plenty about Endyn, but I have never heard of Bob Norwood. I've only heard of Larry Widmer. Are you sure you mean Bob Norwood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Endyn is NOT Bob Norwood! Jesus....just another too common example of someone on ClubRSX talking out of their ass. Endyn is Larry Widmer.

Ask Jeff at Import Builder about Larry Widmer, those 2 were supposed to work together until Larry F'd over Jeff.

Then Jeff opened up Import Builder, but now is shuting down the shop and doing mail order only.

Bob Norwood owns Norwood Auto Craft, back in the late 1980's my dad had a Norwood twin turbo kit on his Ferrari 308.

http://www.bobnorwood.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
MugenDC2R said:
Endyn is NOT Bob Norwood! Jesus....just another too common example of someone on ClubRSX talking out of their ass. Endyn is Larry Widmer.

Ask Jeff at Import Builder about Larry Widmer, those 2 were supposed to work together until Larry F'd over Jeff.

Then Jeff opened up Import Builder, but now is shuting down the shop and doing mail order only.

Bob Norwood owns Norwood Auto Craft, back in the late 1980's my dad had a Norwood twin turbo kit on his Ferrari 308.

http://www.bobnorwood.com/
I'm glad you cleared that up:)
 

·
i-vtec.Do you?
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O okay
 

·
i-vtec.Do you?
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was on the webite funny how someone stole his doom porshe.What the hell can you do with that thing and how did the theif not get caught trying to drive it in the street?:confused:
 

·
SS Specialist to the 6th
Joined
·
32,460 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
I was on the webite funny how someone stole his doom porshe.What the hell can you do with that thing and how did the theif not get caught trying to drive it in the street?:confused:
maybe they towed the car and put it into a truck night rider style :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
91 Posts
Censored said:
Endyn is pretty well known considering they've never really done anything significant for the aftermarket, or anywhere for what matter. Mostly just empty promises and "custom" Wiseco pistons. Their supercharger was supposed to come out like 5 years ago. Anyway, they're supposed to be doing the headwork for Hytech on the k20 kits.
Endyn what?

Here is a little background about Endyn.
 

·
i-vtec.Do you?
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
SS Specialist to the 6th
Joined
·
32,460 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=223210&page=1
Got some more info on this guy larry from honda-tech seems alot of people hate him and have had bad experiences with him.My question is how can john from hytech work with such a crook:confused:
"Birds of a feather flock together". Not saying that either one is a crook, just that that saying seems to match your question rather nicely.
 

·
Meow?
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=223210&page=1
Got some more info on this guy larry from honda-tech seems alot of people hate him and have had bad experiences with him.My question is how can john from hytech work with such a crook:confused:
Well afaik all Hytech is doing is supply Endyn with exhausts for resale. That's not really working together.
 

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
What ever happened to the Hytech SC'er anyway? I'm beginning to wonder if that's a mythical mod...
 

·
i-vtec.Do you?
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
qtiger said:
Well afaik all Hytech is doing is supply Endyn with exhausts for resale. That's not really working together.
Larry does the headwork for hytech so that is working together.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top