Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Asian dude
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've successfully installed every one, except for one trailing arm bushing. The head broke off of the second one. Now i'm without a car for a little while. I have a couple of options...

1. get two new trailing arms and just put them in
2. get another trailing arm and do the whole process over with that bushing.
3. If i can locate the sleeves and pins

I'm hoping for 3. Because I have the bushing out already. I just need the sleeve and two pins to install. THen I'd be done. Updates will come soon. Hopefully sooner than later......

·
Asian dude
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did it myself. For the most part, it wasn't bad at all. The trailing arm is a bitch thought. It's just a stupid design to put together. I prefer the older models. You didn't have the same design and all you had to do is burn out the rubber to get the metal sleeve and just insert the polyurethane one. This one, you have to twist one end off because it's in three pieces, one sleeve with two pins pressed on. I broke a pin while twisting it. Now i'm in the need to search for a used trailing arm.

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
let us know how the car is after you get all the bushings in! :)

·
Asian dude
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MattNBPRSX said:
Where did you get the set at? Thanks Matt

Not sure exactly but I believe it was from hpautoworks. I did some work for a friend and he paid me with those instead. I'm a suspension freak so I figure it was fair.

·
Asian dude
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Importtuner said:
let us know how the car is after you get all the bushings in! :)

Definitely! I know it'll make a huge impact because the stock rubber ones in the front were really soft. As soon as i get another one, i'll finish installing in about an hour or so. It's just finding it that's the problem. I'll take pics too.

·
Asian dude
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I'm still searching for junkyards for that trailing arm. People want 225 for that bitch! I'm just looking for a rear ended civic with a fucked up trailing arm. How hard is that?! DAmn...

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
good luck man!

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
You should post a lil diy guide or somethign so people can see how hard the install is. I got new sways comin in so i would only be puttin in the new ctrl arm bushigns in the front and rear. Just curious what steps you did exactly to install it. But yeah keep us updated.

·
Asian dude
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whew! Got that piece today! Lucky me!!! I had to drill out the stud from the old sleeve, then use the new piece I acquired. Finished in 30 minutes after getting that stupid stud drilled out. So far, it's riding very stable. I mean, it feels solid. Input is very responsive. I will need to get it aligned. I just got my kpro in also, and i'm knocking out the ass! So i'll try to have a full review in a couple of weeks.

·
Asian dude
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, after a couple of weeks, I'm about to get her aligned. At first, she was very very rough around town. Partly because the suspension is pretty stiff already. But now, it's toned down back to normal. I can feel how bad it's off alignment. These things don't give too much. That's the main reason I wanted them. I wanna keep the toe in check all the time. I'll update again after alignment this saturday and install my BRAKE KIT!

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
any tips/pics for installing the bushings? i just ordered the front and rear set (since i also just ordered the hotchkis sways and endlinks.). is this diy-able? i havent really done much suspension-wise except installing strut bars and a lower rear tie bar, tho i am pretty mechanically inclined. sways look to be pretty easy, not too sure about the bushings tho...
also, as far as alignment...prolly a stupid question, but would you need to realign after doing sways? i know you prolly would after doing bushings, so maybe ill wait to install those till i get some coilovers (and camber kit) also, so im not getting it realigned 50 times. thanks for info.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.