Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I buy parts and what parts do you recommend to build my engine...

·
Registered
462 Posts
MadCabbie said:
Where can I buy parts and what parts do you recommend to build my engine...
Send me a PM on what you need and I will get you some pricing. We have pistons rods gaskets head studds etc.... for the rsx. Let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well not really sure what i need..Whats gunna be the strongest...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanna be able to hit 500hp eventually so i might as well do it right the first time

·
Registered
462 Posts
MadCabbie said:
I wanna be able to hit 500hp eventually so i might as well do it right the first time

Pistons / Rods / Head bolts / Head gasket / fuel pump / Block Guard / t-61 or t-62 turbo. That plus the other normal components can get you to 500 if you really want to push it. Or you can go with a sleeved bock and take out the block guard. Either way 500whp on the RSX is coming close to pushing the edge. So unless you have deep pockets or have 2 different modes of transportation, I would recommend a more reasonable amount of power. 380whp to 400whp is a lot safer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the time im ready to push 500 it will be my weekend warrior. I just dont wanna waste money upgrading everything now and then have to do it again in a year or two ya know cause i only put about 10,000 miles a year on it. Why is 500 pushing it? Like whats gunna start to fuck up at 500hp?

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
well, most of your problems are prolly gonna be about how to put that kind of power to the ground. 500WHP is a beast, shit 300WHP is almost not practical for a daily driver in my opinion. Traction is what will plague the RSX when your talking those type of numbers. Now, 300-350WHP around town with the ability to reach 500WHP with a twist of a knob? That would be understandable, most practical and bad ass!!!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
MadCabbie said:
By the time im ready to push 500 it will be my weekend warrior. I just dont wanna waste money upgrading everything now and then have to do it again in a year or two ya know cause i only put about 10,000 miles a year on it. Why is 500 pushing it? Like whats gunna start to fuck up at 500hp?
The biggest issue that you will start to run into is fuel. @500whp and higher fuel is critical, especially when we are talking pump gas. Any kind of detonation with this HP could and probably will cause engine failure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking a two stage Boost controller would help. What are my options for the tranny. Im not to worried money isnt the biggest problem for it and i already have a nother car so i dont mind turning this into a drag car

·
Registered
295 Posts
hey boostjunkie,

Whats the most whp you guys made using pump gas? I'm going to be upgrading a couple parts on my stage II kit. Mainly the turbo-precision sc61, injectors- precision 780cc, and hondata k-pro. Hopefully I can make around 450 on pump gas and stock bloc. Do you think thats pushing it too much? I've heard around 400whp is the limit on pump gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts