Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea i know this has been talked about 5yrs so far ive searched and couldnt really find too much. all i see is the engine damper feels good and looks good and the esmm inserts are cheaper and do the same thing. but i wanna here from ya which is easier to install and which does a better job. i would think the engine dampener is better since its adjustable. the thing hats really motivating me now to get 1 of the above is how i got beat twice by a acura cl auto wit 15 flat writen on the side of the car ( i think he's a member on here cuz he approached me and asked are you that dude wit the rsx that posted about getting beat by the maximas in the area i said yes):shakehead lololol but anyway 1st run from the light i think i launch at a little over 3k and let the clutch out a little too fast and there was too much wheel spin, bouncing of the rev wheel hop begining while the tires are begining to catch traction then second bumpbumpbumpbump then 3rd chirp at the same time while this was going on i was already being left by 4 cars. the second run i launched at 3500 and eased out of the clutch scurtscurtscurt the poor rsx was crawling to get to 6k. got no trq from 3k. then run was better tho i lost by 2 cars slowly creeping to 2 1/2 then a cop was waiting at the end i slowed down nicely the cl dude kept going and made a fast ass u turn i thought the cop was gonna go after him cuz he was ahead of me nope he stayed behind my ass. to end this long story he gave me a warning i was like thankyooooooou :pray:

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you plan on getting a race header you will need esmm so you dont own your piping. but i believe you can have both installed
the engine damper wont help the race header ?

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
If you have to ask which is easier install...the MM inserts are no picnic...but the concept/idea is easy....

With a lift its that much easier...

Finally, i have no experience with the torque damper personally, but ive read that people felt no differences with adjusting it either

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
The Vapor Unit
840 Posts
I have a ingalls td and I is nice, but i adjuded it and felt no difference so I think I am gona get esmm because I am gona get a race header soon any ways

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
Can't you use them both?

I don't have either but my understanding was that the motor mounts help keep the engine from vibrating (thus making the cabin vibrate more) while the TD help to dampen those vibrations to make them less noticeable. :dontknow:

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
esmm is not as hard an install as everyone makes them out to me, i knocked mine out in under an hour. better feel than a td provides too imho

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
S/C + TD = shitty fit. ESMM for me. probably should have went with full mounts but no complaint

·
My Casper rolls on...
880 Posts
I have heard alot about this topic and am wondering why the header would crack without the mounts. Doesn't the header's flex pipe eliminate stress on the header? Thanks!

·
Slayer
914 Posts
i had both installed. these modification will not solve the wheel hop issue completely. it will only reduced the wheel hop to the minimum. with both mod installed i still had wheel hop. it depends on how high i launch my car. i will have wheel hop going into second gear if i launch at 4k rpm, however, if i launch at 3.5k rpm i will not have any wheel hop whatsoever going into second gear. this is just my experience with my car!

the vibration with the esmm is more noticeable than the tq.

·
The Vapor Unit
840 Posts
My td dosnt vib to bad only when I am sitting still it is bad, as soon as I start movin it goes away. The wheel hop went away with mine but I still get it every now and then depending on launch like said by moobthoj707. I am gona get esmm and see how it is with both any body have that set up how is it.

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
street racing ftl, but umm yea. i had the ingalls torque damper and it got rid of a lot of my wheel hop. i havent tried esmm yet, but i plan on it in the near future. the torque damper was pretty easy to install. i was able to take it off in half an hour. plus, you can get a torque damper for a lot cheaper used on crsx. the only reason why i took it off is cuz i needed money, but yea.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts