Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Speedy
1,171 Posts
how about grounding directly from the battery to an open pre-tapped hole in the side of the engine block?

i checked the engine to chassis ground and it's well grounded. what's the issue with factory grounding - using a multimeter, i don't see any issues with the stock grounding..... is this an issue as a result of modifications to the stock grounding?

· Speedy
1,171 Posts
if i have (good) stock ground connections, do i need to add any ground wires for K-Pro?

i added two #8 wires. one from the egine block (left side) to the body and one from the engine block (right side) to the battery. (btw - i think this is a waste of time but why not..)

if this is not the way to go, where should i add grounding wires? (i will add wires, but i'm not moving the orginal stock ground wire connection from the intake to the valve cover. if that was a better connection Honda would have put it there)

questions: since the battery is grounded to the body, will adding a ground from the block directly to the battery improve grounding running or starting?

and since the alternator is grounded to the block, is adding a ground from block to anywhere (battery/body) an improvement?

· Speedy
1,171 Posts
thanks for the help old salt, j/k........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.