Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
surprise!
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i start the car. My check engine light is flashing then it will stop it only started doing this a few days ago and i have 8k miles on the car and its stock. Idk if it's from the cold or if the dealership is supposed to do something/reset something and maybe they didnt when they changed the oil. The searches i did all came up with cars with modifications having this problem. any help please?

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
Is the light the one that is yellow in the shape of an engine, or is it words lit up that say something like "maintenance"?

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
CEL looks like an ENGINE light (no joke)

do a search on either my friend

there are tons of threads on this crap

last thread...i posted over 10 links to this information

·
Eat Liberals
16,445 Posts
When i start the car. My check engine light is flashing then it will stop it only started doing this a few days ago and i have 8k miles on the car and its stock. Idk if it's from the cold or if the dealership is supposed to do something/reset something and maybe they didnt when they changed the oil. The searches i did all came up with cars with modifications having this problem. any help please?
if its maint required, turn off car, hold down the lil button that changes the tripometer/dimmer, turn on car and continue to hold down the button for about 20 seconds. if its the one that looks like an engine, disconnect battery for a few minutes and see if it goes away. it not then you have an issue.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
If the light is red and says "maintence" your fine. If it's orange/yellow......u have a problem.

Reactions: crowspeed07

·
surprise!
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
it says mat required.

·
surprise!
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
if its maint required, turn off car, hold down the lil button that changes the tripometer/dimmer, turn on car and continue to hold down the button for about 20 seconds. if its the one that looks like an engine, disconnect battery for a few minutes and see if it goes away. it not then you have an issue.
gonna try that thanks.

worked thanks alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts