Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
StealthBreed
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my engine light is on because of a cylinder leak and the warranty wont cover it because of "high revving" so i wanna trade in my car and get another one. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the engine light to turn off. I WANT TO UNPLUG THE ENGINE LIGHT COMPLETELY AND WAS WONDERING IF THIS WAS POSSIBLE AND IF ANYONE KNEW HOW TO DO IT. i was thinking about taking the odom. out and unplugging the engine light but i was wondering if anyone knew another way to get it to turn off completely.

I would appreciate any input.

-Thanx

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
Well my engine light is on because of a cylinder leak and the warranty wont cover it because of "high revving" so i wanna trade in my car and get another one. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the engine light to turn off. I WANT TO UNPLUG THE ENGINE LIGHT COMPLETELY AND WAS WONDERING IF THIS WAS POSSIBLE AND IF ANYONE KNEW HOW TO DO IT. i was thinking about taking the odom. out and unplugging the engine light but i was wondering if anyone knew another way to get it to turn off completely.

-Thanx
if the engine light l.e.d. is removed then someone will notice that it doesn't come on and turn off when the car is started. and yeah thats fraud.

and it will probably be cheaper to fix the head (assuming a valve problem) then go through the hastle of trading in a car and taking the loss plus fees of tax and title on a new/different one.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts

-Thanx
WTF

the engine is supposed to REv High

how can they void warranty on that...

if the car isnt made to rev "high"

then they shouldnt allow it to rev HIGH

thats Bologna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts