Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My car is in desperate need of new engine mounts(and its first true mod :flame:) . After looking around it seems a lot of people like the Avid mounts due to how the Passenger side mount is made. My question is specifically related to urethane durometer.

I Drive hard on backroads and want the proper 'thane duro to firm everything up. However I read that the 62a passenger side mount will make the engine droop a bit and I should go 70 for the passenger side and 60 for the other two mounts. Is it bad to run 2 different durometers? Should I go 70 all around?

This is my daily driver so I dont want the vibrations to be extreme. I am concerned about going too soft or hard especially with how the 'thane feels after they are broken in. I am open to your suggestions and advice!

Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I avoided all urethane mounts for that reason. I went with Vibra-technics for sides and rear, and an OEM front. Still get a bit of vibration, especially with a/c on, but it's not bad at all. Let me know if you would be interested in meeting up; it wouldn't be a problem if we meet somewhere in the middle.

Too many urethane horror stories on here and elsewhere in regards to the EP3 mounts, especially for a DD, imho. You sure you want to do this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I avoided all urethane mounts for that reason. I went with Vibra-technics for sides and rear, and an OEM front. Still get a bit of vibration, especially with a/c on, but it's not bad at all. Let me know if you would be interested in meeting up; it wouldn't be a problem if we meet somewhere in the middle.

Too many urethane horror stories on here and elsewhere in regards to the EP3 mounts, especially for a DD, imho. You sure you want to do this?

Yo! Thanks for the info. I had no idea that the urethane was that bad... Like I know there was gonna be some vibes but horror stories sounds awful and asking "are you sure you want to do this" is quite the question... Those rubber mounts seem spot on, excellent reviews all around and the demo video shows them making quite a difference. They are hella expensive though! If this is the best way about it I will have to hold out for a bit and save more, but Ild rather wait for nothing but the best than put in some lesser part. As for meeting up, Yes I am down! Are there other east coasters still active in the community who can come too? Imma pm you about a meet up day-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant seem to find where I can PM if this forum supports that function. I should be free next Sunday, how does that work for you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they kind of are in the same ballpark. I think the only reason I was more shocked was because I found the avid mounts on ebay for under 200.00. Thanks for letting me know about these mounts!. Would it be worth it to run a torque damper too or is that just overkill for a stock motor? My only other day free are mondays. So I have this afternoon off and other mondays at the moment. let me know what might work

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick review:

I went with the 60a all around. Installation was relatively easy aside from the driver side trans mount. Vibrations are not bad at all. Very livable. Off the bat the bushings were firm without being over done. The engine barely moved under WOT or when shifting and the car felt more solid in corners. I ahd to go out mid install and buy new hardware for the subframe lower engine brace. That sucked. There was also no place to reasonably resecure the ground cable that attached to the passenger side engine mount.

After use the engine mounts really softened up and feel about as good as stock. Maybe a touch stiffer. This leads to a lot of movement under shits and when punching the throttle. I am disappointed by this. I paid 160.00 bucks for these off ebay. If I were to pay more Ild be disappointed. Ild also definitely go a notch up from these if I get mounts again. If the 72a settles to where the 60a was when new that would be perfect! All in all for the price paid im content- not satisfied. PM for any questions- happy modding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts