Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I can't title my 2002 RSX-S. I have a shell 2004 RSX-S, however, that I can title, but it needs an engine. My plan is to take the 2002 k20 engine and put it in the 2004 RSX.
I'm not mechanically inept, but this is my first engine swap. The deepest I've been in an engine is the intake manifold. I have a few people who will be helping off and on, but most of the work will be done by me. What are some things I need to be aware of tackling this? Should I worry about the 2-year gap? Is there a good resource for the kind of work I'm about to get into?

Any help is always appreciated.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Do you have the tools, should you put in a new chain and tensioner in the donor, ending turning tool, ball joint separator, cherry picker. If you need a new clutch, you get a base as your flywheel is a base, the bell housing doesn't matter. Do you have an engine harness. Base has a weird plastic runner on the front that the Type S doesn't. I would match those parts to what ECU and harness you have. You dropping motor in with or without tranny as the dumb A/C line makes splitting the tranny easier. Follow the manual posted on page one on this forum and it's just a matter of staying organized and getting the bolts back in. You should see what plugs match up and what may need changing. It's easier that you have 2002 to 2004 stuff. The tranny has a different speed sensor in 05. I marked all my wires and found out you really can't mess them up, they are just long enough, or the clip is for only one thing. The only exception if I can remember is front to back on the camshaft sensors. K swaps are pretty easy and mainly matching the electrics. I'll add ten ??????????????? as I did't above. Sometimes I would google a part to see if it fits all models, if it did, then you know it's not different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts