Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Need Help ?
1,891 Posts
You really don't want to get you engine steam clean. The steam can get into the electrical connectors and cause short or bad connections. Also steam is hot so it can melt through some of the plastic and rubbers in the engine bay.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You really don't want to get you engine steam clean. The steam can get into the electrical connectors and cause short or bad connections. Also steam is hot so it can melt through some of the plastic and rubbers in the engine bay.
it is true that steaming engine bays can damage the electrics. but, providing you are careful and cover the delicate parts, steaming with a degreaser is the best way to clean the bay.

@Spray 9, a few old rags and brushs, and a [email protected]

to the inexperienced, as with a steamer, just as risky with a hose but less effective. particluary for the seemingly infintie difficult to reach places.

G

·
I've been using my Karcher pressure on the engine bay about once, monthly, since I've had the car. Just spray everything with Simple Green then blast that bitch clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.