Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
02 Rsx Base converted to manual k24a2
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i read the diy thread about how to get this done. there were no pics on that one i guess they were removed since it's been a long time since it was posted. WEll, my question is very simple: After you have gotten the 3 sensors out, along with opds unit and harness, what all do you do from there? I know you have to plug everything in but the directions in the diy do not indicate where exactly the resistors go. i know they connect to the cables that would usually plug into the side air bag unit, but where exactly? does anyone have pics of this being done? Also, just to ensure that i have it all right:
all i need is the 2 resistors, 3 sensors, 1 opds unit, and exention cable/harness, right?

Got the resistors in and did reset, still have srs light. Does anyone know what would happen if i were to use 2 ohm 1/2 watt resistors instead of 2 ohm 2 watts? I was unable to find the 2 watt ones so i used 1/2 watt. Maybe that's the issue. I will be buying some new resistors online and i'll get back to everyone. thanks

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i keep looking over the diy and still not getting it. sucks.

i just need to know how resistors are installed and what parts i need.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone got any idea what i do with the resistors? that's all i need to know.

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
you know im not too sure, that is a fair question, keep bumping till someone helps you. ps ive had nonsrs ep seats in my car for 3 years with the srs light, its no biggy man. front airbags will still deploy

·
Im no mexican im Hawaiian
2,999 Posts
ep3 seat crew hollar lol i have the light to.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ep3 seat crew hollar lol i have the light to.
Thanks guys, if it was my rsx, shit i would be just as gangsta with the light on. But it's actually my ladies car. She gets annoying. Ya'll know how women are. They must have their ways. lol. But yea, I would still like to know. It's a fun little project.

·
Im no mexican im Hawaiian
2,999 Posts
Bump

·
3,651 Posts
you know im not too sure, that is a fair question, keep bumping till someone helps you. ps ive had nonsrs ep seats in my car for 3 years with the srs light, its no biggy man. front airbags will still deploy
did you use the wiring harness from your oem seats? I just installed some aftermarket bucket seats in my car without using the wiring harness. will my front air bags still deploy?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Open up the cluster and cover the SRS light. Your airbags will still work..

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
did you use the wiring harness from your oem seats? I just installed some aftermarket bucket seats in my car without using the wiring harness. will my front air bags still deploy?
no, i used the ep3 wiring. i thinkw hat you are really asking is if i used my old opds unit and the answer is no. the car knows i have no side airbags; the fronts will still deploy

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know how chicks are, somebody help this dude out
lol. thanks man. Yea, I've read the diy. The pics are not there anymore. Also, it does not get into detailed in the steps after plugging in the sensors. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bump for still needing to know how the resistors hook up.

·
Rotary Trooper
542 Posts
eh, just pull out the cluster and cover up the light, she'll never know. mine has been on for 3 years now, it would be weird for me if it wasn't there:)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
eh, just pull out the cluster and cover up the light, she'll never know. mine has been on for 3 years now, it would be weird for me if it wasn't there:)
I should do that for the meantime. However, it tends to eark me that there is still something left on her car to do. It's like a project that you know you gotta finish but don't have the time for. I should have time during winter break :giggity:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More than 1 year later and we are still rocking the srs light. Anyone have any ideas of how to remove this? The diy on this site is not very detailed. Need help please.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts