My ep has Intake, full catback, and I had over 200 lbs of extra weight
Started from a dig
I shifted pretty good and the tc seemed automatic but it still kelt pulling

When gettin home I looked at the specs
It has 180 hp
170 tq
2.5 engine
Weight round 2900

That sounds lika monster engine compared to our weak a3 but it still wasnt hella fast

Im building a k24/k20 frank
2.4 engine with almost the same tq as the tc and I see hondas smoking better cars than the tc

Still, it sucks that the ep has the worst k engine :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
about two months ago, i was driving home from work and i accidently cut off a chick, who was driving the new tc. i waved an apology after her exagerated horn blast. not sure why, maybe she thought i flipped her off, but the chick went into road rage mode. tailgating me, just being a complete idiot. with the road fairly open, i decide to lose her.
my stats:
2003 ep3 k20a type-r swap
kpro
custom cai
triple y race header to apexi ws2
i have a lightened flywheel with the stock tranny.
mustang dyno'd 202 hp 137 tq

im in the slow lane of a three lane highway. i have moved over and slowed down, to encourage her to pass me and have a nice life, but no she is right on my ass.
at 45 mph i double clutch third and open it up. at 6k rpm im pulling real hard with vtec screaming, i check my mirror and to my surprise, she is about a car length behind. take 3rd up to 8.2 rpm and bang 4th with wot, pulling hard. check the mirror again and she is about 6 car lengths back.

in conclusion,
her car made good power up till about 80-85, but after that she was just becoming smaller and smaller.

i was able to leave her far enough behind, that she either forgot or gave up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i learned one that day also.
no matter how long you have driven, being lazy just once, can cause major issues.

i should have checked my wink mirror instead of assuming the lane was clear.

my bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.