Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Loud

Are the energy bushings noisy? I have a friend who said that all Energy bushings are squeaky as hell.

Sorry for the ignorance, do you know where i can find a diagram of the rear suspension so i can see these parts you are talking about (rear compliance bushing). I plan on buying the service manual and prob a haynes manual too once i actually own the car.

·
Brewer, Patriot.
107 Posts
Are the energy bushings noisy? I have a friend who said that all Energy bushings are squeaky as hell.

Sorry for the ignorance, do you know where i can find a diagram of the rear suspension so i can see these parts you are talking about (rear compliance bushing). I plan on buying the service manual and prob a haynes manual too once i actually own the car.
Also how often you have to lube em up? Should i just do it every oil change? Tire rotation?
I put poly bushings on my front LCA's, and when I get the gumption, I'll do the rears. (looks like a lot more work, at least on paper.)

Did your friend have ES bushings? I found a lot of peoples rumours about them are unfounded. I lube mine after it rains, with silicone spray. White lithium would last a hell of a lot longer, but it tends to pickup dirt and rocks from my dirt roads.

·
Registered
722 Posts
...replacing the rear compliance bushings is a monster....the center shaft is threaded and you have to put one side in a vise and the other in a adjustable wrench with a pipe. ...
I had some serious fun doing those too! For those who don't know what we're talking about, it's the very front of the rear trailing arm. It's not threaded btw. It's three pieces to it. I has a bushing sleeve, and two ends that press into the bushing sleeve. Once that's all done you bolt it into the car and it won't go anywhere.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I had some serious fun doing those too! For those who don't know what we're talking about, it's the very front of the rear trailing arm. It's not threaded btw. It's three pieces to it. I has a bushing sleeve, and two ends that press into the bushing sleeve. Once that's all done you bolt it into the car and it won't go anywhere.

:eek: Mine was.....mine had the flat parts being in 2 different parts. One was a long sleeve with a flat part on it and the other was a short flat part that threaded into the sleeve, the longer one was inside a metal sleeve that was part of the bushing. Different outside venders making the same part differently? :ugh:

·
Registered
722 Posts
:eek: Mine was.....mine had the flat parts being in 2 different parts. One was a long sleeve with a flat part on it and the other was a short flat part that threaded into the sleeve, the longer one was inside a metal sleeve that was part of the bushing. Different outside venders making the same part differently? :ugh:
You have an EP3 rear suspension, I installed a complete '04 RSX base rear suspension. Therein might lie our difference. ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
so mustclime 1st thank you for this, 2nd are you running without a sway up front? how did it improve car rotation if so? another question why bump up the rear sway size if it robs traction? is there a right way to run swayless by adding other bracing mods or springs?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
so mustclime 1st thank you for this, 2nd are you running without a sway up front? how did it improve car rotation if so? another question why bump up the rear sway size if it robs traction? is there a right way to run swayless by adding other bracing mods or springs?
Suspension setups are all about compromise when you drive on the street....My ep is my dd and my wife has a bad neck, so running huge spring rates is not really an option for me. If you want to run barless, you need to up the spring rates. Sways will keep your car flat in a turn but they will also reduce grip on the inside tires, they also make the car less consistent. Set a car up barless for autoX and you will be able to repeat run times like a robot, run bars and every run is a little different. To run bar less with stickie summer tires and you need at least 400-500lb springs in the front....as for the rear.....you need a lot more, about 1200lb...because of the crappy rear motion ratio and the fact that you should use the non drive wheels to control body roll...I was pretty happy running 450lb front springs with no bar and 850lb rear springs and a 16mm rear bar. If rotation is what your after, why not play with the real alinment...add some toe in and reduce the rear negative camber. Make the rear less able to turn in and you can over load the tires when ever you want.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
163 Posts
hello everyone, im new here, i want to confirm that the dc5r brembo calipers would bold on any rsx or 04-05 epe without any modification right? please let me know im thinking of doing the brembo brake swap

·
Still Double Clutch Demon
569 Posts
hello everyone, im new here, i want to confirm that the dc5r brembo calipers would bold on any rsx or 04-05 epe without any modification right? please let me know im thinking of doing the brembo brake swap
As long as your wearing 17" wheels. They will not fit anything less. I just did a brake conversion in the spring. Brembo packages start at like 1800. You can get wilwoods that are the exact same thing for about 850. The advantages of brembo aren't that significant compared to wilwood. Fastbrakes.com.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
no, they will not just bolt onto a ep3/dc5 knuckel, you will need the dc5-r knuckes and since the knuckes have larger lower balljoints, you will need dc5-r lca's or 05-06 type-s lca's.....the dc5-r brembos are very wide, honda redesigned the knuckel, the wheel , the lca, the drive shafts and the brake rotors to make them fit.

·
569 Posts

·
569 Posts
Mustclime!!!!

Remember I thought my ball joints were going? Well turns out it's the right upper strut mount. So trying to replace both of them obviously but I have the hfp set up. It's not the same part is it? Cus I found the regular part number-51920(25)-s7a-024 but can't find where it tells me if this includes hfp!!! Ahhhhh!!

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
should be the same as the ep3 stock suspension....:thumbsup:

·
569 Posts
should be the same as the ep3 stock suspension....:thumbsup:
So musty... I had cracked a curb in a parking lot two years ago and now realizing I got beat for my hfp suspension in the front. What is comparable? I like the 3/4in drop so what would be an easy upgrade install. The hfp suspension only from Honda is like 800. Or wjat do you recommend? Somebody selling the tein flexes and edfc sounds cool. http://www.i-club.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/71/cat/14

41 - 60 of 99 Posts