Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Mercedes Benz w204 C350
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I decided to make this thread because I know a lot of people will ask it in the future.

YES YOU CAN USE RSX RACE HEADER ON YOUR EP3.

But now your raceheader comes 3 inches longer than what your ep3 header did. There is 2 ways you can solve this.

1. Cut and mod the new rsx rh 3 inches shorter then your ep3 exhaust will bolt up.

2. You can use a RSX midpipe and EP3 axle back portion. This method is clean and requires no modding.

If you install the full rsx catback on your ep3 it will stick out about 3 inches and its truly a fugly sight to see.

·
TYOB 4 Life
291 Posts
in option 3 . . . are you talking about a header back exhaust or a cat back exhaust?

·
TYOB 4 Life
291 Posts

That picture has the Integra Type R Mugen Racing exhaust. It's a full header-back system and it doesn't stick out 3 inches at all. I'm not sure if he cut the exhaust or if the header-back system is different.

·
Mercedes Benz w204 C350
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in option 3 . . . are you talking about a header back exhaust or a cat back exhaust?
Sorry, that situation was when I had RSX RH too. To it's headerback. I do not know what will happen if you have EP header and RSX catback..... I don't even think the hangers will come close to lining up to stock hanger points.

·
TYOB 4 Life
291 Posts
I have a feeling he modded the exhaust. I could be wrong tho.
that is what i thought as well, but i looked up the part numbers for the J's Racing 70RS and found that the EP3 and DC5 had the same part number.

·
VTEC'nique.
30 Posts
^ that is true.

if you want a jdm ep3 spec catback exhaust, all you have to do is pick up a stock rsx-s header if you're low on cash.

·
TYOB 4 Life
291 Posts
there was one on ephatch. he had a toda racing exhaust . . . it was kind of hideous, but everyone else liked it.

·
TYOB 4 Life
291 Posts
i know that if you use a rsx header on ep3 usdm, the jdm type r ep3 spec catbacks will fit with no issues.
supposedly, the EP3R and the DC5R have nearly identical exhaust except for the header portion (the DC5R had bigger primaries).

1 - 20 of 79 Posts