Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you happen to have a Type S header or even better the ITR like me. All you have to do is mod the axle back to fit the EP3 because it is to long. The midpipe works just fine due to the ITR header on my car.

·
A55M4N
500 Posts
nothing to do with where the engine sits, it's cos the header for the rsx and ep3 are different in lenght. So the midpipe has to be shorter or longer to accomodate the different header. The bends are all the same. And the rsx has longer rear section because their rear sticks out more than the ep3.
:thumbsup: Thanks

Also another question, sorry I'm annoying, are the race headers between a DCRH for RSX-S and DCRH for a EP3 different also? Is the diameter different? Or just length?

·
576hp/506tq FTW
489 Posts
I think the length is the main difference, but i'm sure the primaries are a bit larger for the Type S.
yes... primaries are a tad bit larger and longer header = more gains...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a DC5 DCRH/OEM midpipe and the stock ep3 axleback. This setup is nice, and produced good gains. It's also nice and quiet if you use the stock axelback.

·
Mercedes Benz w204 C350
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I use a DC5 DCRH/OEM midpipe and the stock ep3 axleback. This setup is nice, and produced good gains. It's also nice and quiet if you use the stock axelback.
That is a nice setup, I had that setup right before I got the Spoon n1, and it sounded nice.

Now I have apexi ws2 and I effing love it. Looks stock (looks like the fg si's exhaust actually), sounds amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a nice setup, I had that setup right before I got the Spoon n1, and it sounded nice.

Now I have apexi ws2 and I effing love it. Looks stock (looks like the fg si's exhaust actually), sounds amazing.
yeah im definitely wanting to change my setup. the type-s b-pipe i have is from the earlier models and is only 2.25", and the RH is 2.5", so i really need to get something and get rid of the bottleneck. I really like having the stock axleback (also 2.5") because of the quietness, and i hear it flows well too. I think next spring I might go with the Megan axleback. It look almost exactly stock, and the sound is pretty good.

·
Mercedes Benz w204 C350
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
yeah im definitely wanting to change my setup. the type-s b-pipe i have is from the earlier models and is only 2.25", and the RH is 2.5", so i really need to get something and get rid of the bottleneck. I really like having the stock axleback (also 2.5") because of the quietness, and i hear it flows well too. I think next spring I might go with the Megan axleback. It look almost exactly stock, and the sound is pretty good.
Btw, earlier type s 02-04 midpipe is not 2.25,. HEre are the exact spec.

02-04 is 1.8" and 05-06 is 2.12"

Stock axleback is not 2.5 either. probably closer to 2.25, i might be wron on this, but I doubt it's 2.5. I could be wrong tho.

·
Off. Track Whore Driver
20 Posts
also just wondering would I be able to use an rsx catalytic converter on my ep3? So lets say i do get the type-s header and the midpipe with my stock ep3 muffler...

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
also just wondering would I be able to use an rsx catalytic converter on my ep3? So lets say i do get the type-s header and the midpipe with my stock ep3 muffler...
here is a pic of a type-s header and cat with a ep3 cat back....

·
HateMe.ImaGovBureaucrat.
2,217 Posts
just for clarification purposes, for a DC5 catback to fit the EP3 header/cat combo one would need to cut the axleback portion and have an exhaust shop mod up a new crushbent pipe/hangers? Correct?

thinking about an RS*R catback... DC5 specific.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
1) the header and cat combo on the dc5 is longer than the ep3....see the pic on this...
2) the dc5 has a longer over hang behind the rear wheels than the ep3....most dc5 cat backs will stick out 4-6 inches from the rear of the car.....depeding on design.

·
Registered
59 Posts
bumping this thread from the dead....

I'm trying to see if I can use a DC5 Spec RM01A on my ep3. I have Race headers with an a2 motor, any ideas? From what I've read, seems like Its going to stick out quite a few inches but is there any way I can get it to fit? Right now I have straight pipe from header back to the tip.

·
Registered
752 Posts
To continue form my response to your pm. The axel back between a DC5 and EP3 are different.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts