Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Demonic
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after reading a crap ton from the SC forum, I was curious if anyone have tried adding EPS on our side mount turbo kits. I will be experiementing with this soon since I have the motor out again.....but if anyone got this to work, please add your comments. :laughing:

Project started: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=630946
Hope it will hold up to high speed runs and not tweak out my wheels

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
Well after reading a crap ton from the SC forum, I was curious if anyone have tried adding EPS on our side mount turbo kits. I will be experiementing with this soon since I have the motor out again.....but if anyone got this to work, please add your comments. :laughing:
I think it would be a good option. That way we would have that damn power steering line out of our engine bay too which would give us much more manifold clearance and less chance of catching a car on fire when we blow the damn lines.

·
Demonic
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would be a good option. That way we would have that damn power steering line out of our engine bay too which would give us much more manifold clearance and less chance of catching a car on fire when we blow the damn lines.
That is my main reason for it since we all had to wrap our line and it just make the engine bay looks fugly lol. I will try this out and keep this post updated.

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
That is my main reason for it since we all had to wrap our line and it just make the engine bay looks fugly lol. I will try this out and keep this post updated.
:thumbsup:

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
~$450ish unless your friend have a hook up. you can find them as low as $300ish at local junk yard. Just make sure that the control unit and the rack work.

I was trying to go EPS but my conversion didnt go to well. currently still driving without power steering. Last time I tried, I fried a brand new control unit which cost around $280. i havent tried messing with it after that. Cant afford another one cus If I did wired everything correctly, it should work. Maybe its just the rack on my car :dontknow:

whatever you guys decide...Good luck!!!

·
Zack Killa
4,535 Posts
i would like to know if the downpipe would get in the way of the eps unit, what kind of clearance are we talking here?

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
i would like to know if the downpipe would get in the way of the eps unit, what kind of clearance are we talking here?
oh its clear. i have ep3 rack on my car right now. it wont hit with the rack or the eps motor.

·
Demonic
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
parts needed will be the rack with the electronic motor, the rack controller unit and the harness. There will be misc stuff needed like a 60amp inline fuse and stuff to complete the wire splicing. Other then that should be good to go. I hope the rack I bought is still good.

Dc5 ftw: So how come u couldnt get the rack to work?

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
parts needed will be the rack with the electronic motor, the rack controller unit and the harness. There will be misc stuff needed like a 60amp inline fuse and stuff to complete the wire splicing. Other then that should be good to go. I hope the rack I bought is still good.

Dc5 ftw: So how come u couldnt get the rack to work?
its either the rack or the wiring. I wired the way i supposed to like other people taht got it to work. Mine just didnt work for some reason. :dontknow:

·
Demonic
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its either the rack or the wiring. I wired the way i supposed to like other people taht got it to work. Mine just didnt work for some reason. :dontknow:
I am thinking that since you have a 06 dc5, the tranny have a different signal. The VSS is not reading or wiring have been changed on plug to the ECU. Either way, you might want to consider getting the VSS converter in example of swaping s2k cluster into our cars. Either way, I am pretty certain that there is a problem with your VSS signal since the pulse that are sent from your tranny and read by your ECU screw up your rack controller. :dontknow:

Good luck, I know that Wdsonny and Knowledge, etc.... have gotten it to work and from their responses, it is a lot better comparing to our PS.

So there won't be any clearance issue? My kit was made by AFI (Arizona Force Induction) so i know the downpipe is idfferent comparing to Full race and other turbo kits. oh well time to pull the motor....

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
I am thinking that since you have a 06 dc5, the tranny have a different signal. The VSS is not reading or wiring have been changed on plug to the ECU. Either way, you might want to consider getting the VSS converter in example of swaping s2k cluster into our cars. Either way, I am pretty certain that there is a problem with your VSS signal since the pulse that are sent from your tranny and read by your ECU screw up your rack controller. :dontknow:

Good luck, I know that Wdsonny and Knowledge, etc.... have gotten it to work and from their responses, it is a lot better comparing to our PS.

So there won't be any clearance issue? My kit was made by AFI (Arizona Force Induction) so i know the downpipe is idfferent comparing to Full race and other turbo kits. oh well time to pull the motor....
nto sure about yours. I have fullrace downpipe and i dotn ahev any clearance issue.

and yes, i agree on teh vss sensor. hense the reason why i dont mess with it anymore until i see some 05-06 rsx with eps pop up. Kingmotorsports has 05-06 with EPS conversion, i tried asking them but no answer...

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
I'll just have to try it but in regards to your conversion research on s2k cluster conversion
i hate s2k cluster...i just dont like the look :dontknow:

·
Demonic
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'll be the first I guess worse come to worse I have to get a new downpipe but if the supercharged guys can we can also LOL. The mr2 eps might work better, someone on k20 did the setup for his ek and made a switch for it so if not needed he can turn it off

The s2k is the start of converting digital signal to analog signal from different year tranny also how hondata with k swap. Just a thought but I think this project look promising

·
Demonic
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quick update: got the motor out, dissasembled, so I've decided to put in the EPS. It was a pita even without the motor in it, I don't know how you guys do it with the motor in it. Maybe I am a noob.....Anyway, the EPS fit in perfectly, no need for modification to the mounting points. Although I did change out the tie rod ends to my stock one. I've noticed that the ep3 tie rod had a different flare at the joint. Time for wiring and fixing my block for testing. cheers.

·
Demonic
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What exactly did you go about to get EPS into our cars? Was it just a matter of putting the motor on our rack? Or did you have the replace the entire rack?

Replaced the entire rack. The only hard part now is to getting the eps motor and the control unit to work. Need to find the wire schematic for me to tap into our stock harness.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts