Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided it was time to knock out the ES motor mount inserts 2day. All im gonna say is wat a pain in the azz. Took me about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs to install, only hard thing about it was installing the mounts after the inserts were set in place. Over all it was well worth it in my opinion considering they cost about $35 and all you need is a few hrs. My base 5spd revs faster, has better throttle response, and shifting is smoother. Only negative thing about them is there is a slight rumble at idle but very easy to get used to. If your thinking about the best bang for your buck performance mod id say this is the one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Great to hear, i will be installing mine next week with my race header!

D :thumbsup: :driving:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome, leme know how the header install as well as the inserts works out for ya.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
do you have to have a lot of technical know how about cars in order to install these by yourself or can the average person with tools do it?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I heard the install is fairly straight forward just takes time? am i correct?

as for my comptech race header, i ordered the Honda Civic SiR/Si adapter instead of the type-s for fun, i want to see if maybe it will bolt up to my base exhaust? who knows only time will tell hehe!

D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is alil rattle at idle but not that bad, the install is pretty easy jus takes sum time to do. All u need is jack stands, jack to support the block basic tools and take ur time. Ull get pissed pretty easy with this. After the inserts are in the mount there a pain to line back up and sqweeze through.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
thats what I am thinking unless I can get someone to do it for me

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The install isnt that bad at all. I noticed today installing my Injen RS CAI was harder than installing the inserts. I had a buddy help me with the intake while i slid it through and went through the gears for clearence. I also had a helper with the motor mount inserts since two minds are better than one and the extra help with fitting the mounts helped out to. As long as you have someone there with basic car knowledge you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
EVega......what part of Las Vegas u from??? LOL!
Anyway Eric I'm proud of you. U went from a grand am to a RSX and now ur installing parts behind ur dads back. Congrats on both ur installs. And I hope Debadging goes smoothly for you as well. We will meet up on the turnpike and my car car will fly past you when my VTEC kicks in at 4300....See Ya! Lol. U the bomb digity digity digity yo! Talk to ya laterz. Should I let other RSXrs on my bird poop mod?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LMAO, haha ya they might want alil more info on that, hell ill let them in on my ram air windshield mod as well.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
LMAO, I don't think we should let our mods out yet. Its nice to be the First RSXrs with our mods.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
FYI, if u can't stand the vibrations, just put the rear mount in.

You can launch just as hard with almost no wheel hop... you just lose the solid feel of the car...

I had both front and back in for months, but I had enough of shit rattling around in the car.

As for the install, its was a simple, unbolt, insert mount, re-install and tighten it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
can i just use some Duct Tape to hold down my engine better? And maybe some ZipTies? Right now im using some scotch tape seems to do the tric. whats your Opion Mr.Vega?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Okay good i just wanna make sure beofe i do anything drastic. you know my car has to be bling bling for the ladies. I wanna open my hood and have people say"Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!" And ill be like "word"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts