Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hoosier
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkin about getting some new motor mounts and i took a ride in a friend's car that had the es. It was kinda too much vibration for my taste, although that could have been due to other mods. It seems everyone that has em loves em though. I know that the mugen mounts are made of rubber and the es are polyurethane. Any opinions? has anyone had or seen the mugen mounts in action?

·
ArcticS
2,341 Posts
IMO, the car vibrates so much cause the mounts are doing their job. If its not vibrating, its cause the engine isn't locked down...which is one of the causes of wheel-hop.

Plus, $30 for ES makes it a no-brainer...to me anyways. They're probably my best mod yet.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The ES's are quality. The vibration is only really at idle, and not much else anywhere else in the powerband. You really get used to them and after a while don't even notice them anymore.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I just put them on my car and its like driving a freaking 2x4 piece of wood!! my car shakes like hell!! but i guess they're doing their job... it made my car feel slower for some reason too..... maybe i'm just getting used to my car... dunno
my .2 cents

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Mine vibrations aren't bad at all. Is it possible that maybe you didn't tighten it up all the way, or tightened it too much? I dunno, there are many people with different opinions on the matter. I think some people have more tolerance for it than others.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
RcticblueSX-S said:
I'm thinkin about getting some new motor mounts and i took a ride in a friend's car that had the es. It was kinda too much vibration for my taste, although that could have been due to other mods. It seems everyone that has em loves em though. I know that the mugen mounts are made of rubber and the es are polyurethane. Any opinions? has anyone had or seen the mugen mounts in action?
mugen mounts don't vibrate as much as the es inserts but they dont stop wheel hop either. my front mugen mount broke after about 9 months of being used.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
I have ES...the vibrations dissapate over time IMO. At 1000RPM's there are vibrations but other then that I hardly notice anything. If you install them improperly the vibrations can be bad. Overall, BY FAR, best mod I have for the buck.

Do they make any difference in shifting? i thought i heard that somewhere but couldn't find it.
I noticed that it tightened up shifting a bit.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
mine's vibrate decently and i like it. feels like i'm :driving: a race car. i love it when you start the car, you feel the engine turn over. hehe

btw es makes rubber inserts too. if you buy red ones, they're poly. if you buy black ones, they're rubber.

·
Royale with cheese.
2,140 Posts
how much are the mugens, and where do you get them?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
krystar said:
mine's vibrate decently and i like it. feels like i'm :driving: a race car. i love it when you start the car, you feel the engine turn over. hehe

btw es makes rubber inserts too. if you buy red ones, they're poly. if you buy black ones, they're rubber.

There's a difference between the colors? I just got the red because I want to go with a red motiff under the hood. Hmm, gotta look into this.

edit: I think both the red and black inserts are polyeurathane. The stock mounts are rubber and these are polyeurathane inserts. Here's the link to the clubrsx store http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ENS-16-1110&Category_Code=ARSXENEM . It says they are polyeurathane.

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
yeah could you clear this up about the black and red MM from clubrsx? i dont care which color, but the reds are in stock. whats the diff from rubber and poly?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts