Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finish installing my esmm, its was pretty easy. i open the hood and start the car to test drive it but i saw a lil smoke coming out of the header/cat down pipe. i took it apart and re-tighten it but still there is a smoke comin out. i was thingkin maybe it was getting hot. anybody had the same issue?! need help asap. thnx

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i unbolt the the screws that connect the down pipe/header when i install the esmm and when i put it back on and start the car i saw a small amount of smoke coming out of it. now i unbolt it and re tighten them back 2gether same thing happen. no i did not use wd40.

G

·
its oil off of your hands. let it idle for a few mins. it happens to everybody.
That's it right there ^^^. That smoke helps cure the ESMM inserts. It's very important that you close the garage door and let it run inside until all the smoke comes out. The instructions don't mention this, but if you don't do it, they will split and fall out after 3 months.

·
[email protected]~13psi on Alcohol
1,531 Posts
That's it right there ^^^. That smoke helps cure the ESMM inserts. It's very important that you close the garage door and let it run inside until all the smoke comes out. The instructions don't mention this, but if you don't do it, they will split and fall out after 3 months.
:rotfl:

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
OMFG...................Should I sit by the car, in the closed garage, while it runs, just to make sure everything is ok?

:rotfl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts