Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rz
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i just intall my race header nd the essm~ but when i accerate i hear loud as fuq sound from passenger side. it wont make any sound when i stand still. just from 1000-3000rpm.

so i checked my car today~~ i think its the exhaust hittin the under side body. here is pic. any one have this problem with hks hi power + dc ceremic race header?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
are ur mounts tightened....check em...

·
OH....
1,103 Posts
Is it a metal on metal noise? try removing the whole heatshield top and bottom from where the old cat was? Make sure all your bolts are tight especially if you lowered your subframe from installing your esmm

·
Rz
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i think its metal nosie~~ yea it is a race header~~ i think u cant install the exhaust manifold heat sheild no more rite?. yea i did lower my subframe~~

·
OH....
1,103 Posts
I was talking about the heatshield for where the cat converter was. I believe its the heatshiled, but it is jsut a metal piece you can unbolt. There should have been a top piece where the cat was. I had that problem and I removed it, problem solved. Make sure your subframe bolts are on tight keep checking them everywhere once in while just like how you should check everything. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
408 Posts
check your sway bar to header clearance. when you raise the car on a jack the sway bar moves and could be the problem. basically you need to raise it from the rear then check but be sure to use jackstands. oh and if you can hardly fit your finger between the exhaust and body that might be a problem.

·
Rz
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well looks like ~~ i have get rid of the dc? and get somdin eles dat will fit with hks. maybe buddyclub? toda?

·
Rz
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
somebody help? i used the universal hanger which u can cut the length u want. it solve the problem a bit. but still it hits a lil. nd made my exhaust look like shit. hangin down....

·
Registered
250 Posts
i had the same problem man. but mine was way worse. the bpipe on my hks was actually held up against the body by the dcrh. but anyways what i did to fix it was go to an exhaust shop and tell them to heat up ur bpipe and bend it just a little. after i did that no bangs at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.