Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rsx needs some work to be road worthy again... Last year, I was involved in an accident without insurance. It has been sitting there for about a year without any progress being made.. Its gunna need to be sent to a frame shop to get new frame rails welded on, and to get a new core support and radiator support installed and painted..

After that, I will have to put the motor back in (must be taken out for frame work) put all new front end body panels on and new airbags in and it will be ready to go...

Im looking for someone that has some experience in rebuilding cars to get an estamated time for completion. Frame work time and my labor hours after I get it back.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated..

Also, I plan on doing a rebuild forum with pictures to keep everyone updated.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I really want to find a car hit in the back to I take all the parts off of the front and sell the motor swap and interior out of it to help off set the cost..

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
$$$

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kno its gunna cost a pretty penny, but I hate to see it go.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Why not check some local shops that will actually take this sort of work on, and get their honest estimate? A lot of the time is gonna depend on their current backlog of work, extent of damage, etc. Be a lot more accurate than having us guess without any pics.

But yeah, the frame work isn't gonna be cheap.

The rest is getting bolt-on parts, paint, etc. and doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not gunna say money isnt an object but I really want to get it back on the road... my unicorn haha Im gunna start callin my car elanor :rotfl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts