Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in Ontario (Canada) where its mandatory to get an emmisions test every two years on a car. my question is i stored my car away 5 months ago with a full tank of gas and no fuel stabilizer in it.... now before i can renew my sticker i need to get an etest, my question is, should i just warm the car up and take it to an etest facility or should i completely empty the tank and fill it up with a fresh batch of gas. Now this is probably gonna be an easy question to answer, yet i cannot answer it myself. can i get away with the old gas?

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Don't worry about emptying the tank. Its not going to "burn very dirty".

You should take the car for a bit of a drive to get it good and hot before you take it for the test though.

·
Registered
579 Posts
5 months isn't too bad. The worst part is probably going to be that your tank is most likely a 'summer gas' blend with a lower vapor pressure for the hotter temps of summertime. Now you're burning it in November - in Canada!

If this is a stock car, with full emissions, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I would definitely take it for a long drive and do a couple of full throttle pulls to clean up any oil or gunk that might have settled in the combustion chambers, around the valve stems, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts