Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! 02 rsx base k20A3
The car keeps throwing the same evap code (p1457) I’ve replaced the canister itself, the shut off vent valve on the canister, I replaced the evap by pass solenoid that’s on the other side of the canister, I replaced the purge valve on the throttle body, IACV, gas cap, and im still getting this evap leak code.
…also got the ECM checked and everything is good there

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HELP! 02 rsx base k20A3
The car keeps throwing the same evap code (p1457) I’ve replaced the canister itself, the shut off vent valve on the canister, I replaced the evap by pass solenoid that’s on the other side of the canister, I replaced the purge valve on the throttle body, IACV, gas cap, and im still getting this evap leak code.
…also got the ECM checked and everything is good there

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you mention gas cap, have you inspected your gas filler neck, in-tank fuel pump, and gas tank for any leaks?
I have not, I’ve replaced the fuel pump itself because of a fuel smell but fixed that right away and the have not smelled fuel since then. I’ll check the fuller neck today but would I smell fuel if that was the case ?

·
Registered
403 Posts
You might, most likely when fueling the car.

Best bet may be to run a smoke test. I saw a post in the TLX forum where they took their car in for a TSB and afterwards it started throwing errors related to EVAP system leak. The first solution attempted was to replace the filler neck and it was taken back a few times because the issue kept reappearing. Once they reminded their service rep that it all started after that TSB they ran a smoke test and found it coming out around the fuel pump locking ring. Turns out they had twisted the O-ring for the pump.

If you're not able to do a smoke test, then probably not a bad idea to make sure you didn't get any twists, tears, or wrinkles in the O-ring for the fuel pump.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You might, most likely when fueling the car.

Best bet may be to run a smoke test. I saw a post in the TLX forum where they took their car in for a TSB and afterwards it started throwing errors related to EVAP system leak. The first solution attempted was to replace the filler neck and it was taken back a few times because the issue kept reappearing. Once they reminded their service rep that it all started after that TSB they ran a smoke test and found it coming out around the fuel pump locking ring. Turns out they had twisted the O-ring for the pump.

If you're not able to do a smoke test, then probably not a bad idea to make sure you didn't get any twists, tears, or wrinkles in the O-ring for the fuel pump.
Following the smoke test, it’s leaking from this plus that connects to the solenoid on the canister, is there an o ring there ? And what is the plug called

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can anyone tell me what is the hose called that is connected to the charcoal canister & where does it lead to. Was told it was leaking smoke when I got it smoke tested and was wondering if I need to replace that hose.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im driving 02 Acura RSX base auto, I’ve replaced all components of the EVAP system that includes, gas cap, purge valve(from eBay) that is on the throttle body, I’ve replaced the charcoal canister(Autozone) the shut off vent valve (Autozone) 2 way by pass valve(Autozone), fuel tank vent valve(Autozone) and after 101.7 miles, the check engine light comes on again. Can anyone P L E A S E help me

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The filler pipe and hose looks fine, the hoses on the canister are good, I’ve gotten several smoke tests and was told nothing is leaking, could it be bad 02s or the eBay purge valve but I’m not getting any specific codes besides p1457 EVAP leak charcoal canister area

1 - 20 of 43 Posts