Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
this is a new canister, but I’m not sure if there’s suppose to be a gap right there, I’m still throwing a p1457 code( power train , manufacturer control ) EVAP leak charcoal canister area

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
After replacing all components of the EVAP system on my 02 Acura RSX, TWICE, I was looking where the filler neck is and nothing is rusted out but the threads where the gas cap threads on has a couple dents, nothing drastically flat but it’s a couple pretty dents, would that be the cause of my EVAP code ? I replaced, charcoal canister, purge valve , shut off vent valve, two way bypass , gas cap, gas tank vapor valve and hoses

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So my car is throwing a p1457 code after so many miles. I’ll fill my tank up and trip a, the car will read full & the next time I get in my car to drive , the gas gauge will be barley above E. There’s no smoke leaks, I’ve replaced all parts of EVAP with Autozone parts. I got a fuel pump from a 02-05 civic. Help😭

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My gas will be above half and I’ll get in my car and start it, and the gas gauge reads empty and the gas light is on. My car has been throwing a EVAP code but I replaced a lot of parts and idk if any of the EVAP parts affect the fuel gauge

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm interested in what the top of the fuel pump assembly looks like. I've heard they are prone to cracking. I seen you posting a lot about the EVAP issue and that would contribute. As for the level, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe a bad sending unit or wiring. Leaning more towards the sending unit if the wiring hasn't been touched.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm interested in what the top of the fuel pump assembly looks like. I've heard they are prone to cracking. I seen you posting a lot about the EVAP issue and that would contribute. As for the level, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe a bad sending unit or wiring. Leaning more towards the sending unit if the wiring hasn't been touched.
Thank you for helping out 🙏 I have replaced the fuel pump before, but with a ep3 fuel pump. I was told it works fine
thank you for replying🙏 I’ve replaced the fuel pump with a fuel pump from a 02 civic and was told it works fine

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
View attachment 570305
As long as it doesn't look like mine, you should be okay. How was condition of the rubber seal around the assembly?
Yea mine looked just like that, it was squirting fuel everywhere & the seal that came with the new one was a little weird so I believe I used the OEM one and it fit firmly. I do remember hearing a weird noise installing it, but payed no attention to it so I’m wondering if it was the float

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea mine looked just like that, it was squirting fuel everywhere & the seal that came with the new one was a little weird so I believe I used the OEM one and it fit firmly. I do remember hearing a weird noise installing it, but payed no attention to it so I’m wondering if it was the float
That's another good possibility I didn't think about. Could be worth pulling out and checking.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
View attachment 570305
As long as it doesn't look like mine, you should be okay. How was condition of the rubber seal around the assembly?
Damn those are $420 new with the 24% discount.

I read the 05-06 gas tanks are revised and has less problems with gas evaperating from the tank like the 02-04. the 05-06 gas tank is moved back further about 7-8 inches.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Whoa, where are u getting 24% discount? What promo code?
no brother... the oem parts website sells at 24% discount from original OEM price. that promo code is like hacker territory level stuff..

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
www.oemacuraparts.com If you are having trouble finding something on their catalog let me know I have it mastered lol...

Tim there is great customer service. If something goes wrong with the order and I get shorted or something he sends overnight to make it right.

I think one average I have spent $500-$600 on new oem hardware (flange bolts, studs, nuts, etc.) on my DC5. There are new bolts everywhere. It looks clean.

·
Registered
85 Posts
www.oemacuraparts.com If you are having trouble finding something on their catalog let me know I have it mastered lol...

Tim there is great customer service. If something goes wrong with the order and I get shorted or something he sends overnight to make it right.

I think one average I have spent $500-$600 on new oem hardware (flange bolts, studs, nuts, etc.) on my DC5. There are new bolts everywhere. It looks clean.
Cool, thanks! I kno i give u a hard time about it but bolts really do go a long way for the finishing touches on a project

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Cool, thanks! I kno i give u a hard time about it but bolts really do go a long way for the finishing touches on a project
sucks to see nice builds with nice parts and restoring oem bolts is overlooked, exposing rusty bolts next to bling sucks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I’m still having this EVAP issue, I have over half a tank and when I remove my gas cap, it does a loud and long hissing noise but I was told that was normal when the tank is low but I have over half a tank

21 - 40 of 41 Posts