Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Go Hokies!!!
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to see what everyone thinks of the microfiber towels you buy at walmart or costco, are they just as good as the ones you can buy from properautocare. Walmart sells them but i'm not sure if i should buy from them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
angryface said:
just want to see what everyone thinks of the microfiber towels you buy at walmart or costco, are they just as good as the ones you can buy from properautocare. Walmart sells them but i'm not sure if i should buy from them.
The yellow towels at Costco are VERY nice for the $, the wal-mart 5 pack is horrible.

For the best bang for the buck, check out pak-shak towels.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
just make sure that when you wash them in the laundry that you wash them by themselves and DON'T put fabric softener either.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
then if i wanted to wash my microfiber towels, do i put in a little bit of powder detergent? i kno not to put fabric softner in...then should i not put them in the dryer? and just let them air dry?..i need to wax my car...and mine are still used and not washed from the last time i waxed my car..

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
you guys should try using the "abosorber".. you an get it for about $10-15.. works really well.. I highly reccommend! I bought 2 :thumbsup:

·
Go Hokies!!!
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i use a big mf towel to dry my car, i use one for my whole car and it works pretty well. i just bought some viper and magic mf towels that were on sale from properautocare. Has anyone on this site bought towels from waxstation's website, they seem like they have some good deals on mf towels. Not too sure about the quality.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I dont see anyone on this forum talking about a chamois for drying. curious as to why?

ive used them ever since I was a kid and so did my dad. one of those timeless things we've done to our vehicles it seems.. yet I dont see anyone mention it. granted there may be better things out there (depending on your definition of better) so enlighten me..cuz im using a chamois right now and a lamb skin mit..

·
Registered
637 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
I dont see anyone on this forum talking about a chamois for drying. curious as to why?

ive used them ever since I was a kid and so did my dad. one of those timeless things we've done to our vehicles it seems.. yet I dont see anyone mention it. granted there may be better things out there (depending on your definition of better) so enlighten me..cuz im using a chamois right now and a lamb skin mit..
Keep the mitt. For drying, get a waffle weave microfiber towel, most of us around here use "big blue" but there are other less expensive towels that cost less. You will NEVER go back to the chamois!

·
Registered
214 Posts
sweet..I'll pick one up.

tnx

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
I like em they work good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts