Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Z Driver
728 Posts
uab said:
Yeah i did, but that huge hood scoop was turndown. :)

Now maybe i wont be able to afford a 30+ car

So whats a good car in the 20,000g range?

I only see the WRX as a good choice, the SRT-4 is out of the question, i have been driving FWD all my life, so i want to try something diff, besides im not a big fan of the neon =D
Did you get a thing back from the insurance or what happened to bump your price range down with this one? If that's the case though, WRX isn't a bad choice, except for that hood scoop which can always be removed.

Staying on topic though, my mother just purchased a G35 AWD. I have yet to take it for a spin, but man was I drooling when she told me over the phone. I have a friend with a red Evo and the cops harrass him more than anything. Both are great cars, but it's luxery vs sporty here. The driving experience of an Evo is great, but for commutes and the daily grind, G35 is more practical.

· Not Plugged In
10,045 Posts
g35 for looks, evo for performance/handling

i don't like the 350z as much as the g35..

or if you want something turbo/awd that's real cheap, get a first generation DSM.. :) can be had for under 1200.. and made fast with about 5k in parts..

if you want the looks w/ performance, get a 2g - with a 1g swap :)

· Registered
340 Posts
RedCelica said:
personally i would go with the g35, my only reason is that i dont trust mitsubishi motors :p
How can you not trust a 4G63? Thats the most retarded statement ever. go test drive the evo and once u feel boost kick in with that AWD you're gona be sold. My roommate has one, the car is quick and looks freakin crazy. Interior isn't as good as a G35 coupe but as for looks they both look good IMO. My dad has the G35 coupe so i've driven both already and I seem like the evo a lot more. Plus its cheaper :)

· Registered
69 Posts
Sit in a Evolution and take some corners, than you'll know your answer.

· Registered
93 Posts
I think the G35 and the Z Track Edition are really nice cars. Definitely depends on what you want though ... the Evo is a big step down from even the Type-S as far as luxury and comfort are concerned ... but .... if you want balls out fun then the Evo is the car. I took mine to the mountains on Saturday, and I was crushing everything in my path on the twisties, and I'm only driving the thing at 6/10th's because I'm still getting used to AWD and boost kicking in right in the middle of corners. I was passing and harassing sportbikes for God's sake. I need to find better twisties now.

-nurb2-

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
nurb2 said:
I think the G35 and the Z Track Edition are really nice cars. Definitely depends on what you want though ... the Evo is a big step down from even the Type-S as far as luxury and comfort are concerned ... but .... if you want balls out fun then the Evo is the car. I took mine to the mountains on Saturday, and I was crushing everything in my path on the twisties, and I'm only driving the thing at 6/10th's because I'm still getting used to AWD and boost kicking in right in the middle of corners. I was passing and harassing sportbikes for God's sake. I need to find better twisties now.

-nurb2-

Cool, how much did you paid OTD for the EVO =)

Im going to start test driving cars once it stops raining down here

· Registered
438 Posts
white_DC5 said:
How can you not trust a 4G63? Thats the most retarded statement ever. go test drive the evo and once u feel boost kick in with that AWD you're gona be sold. My roommate has one, the car is quick and looks freakin crazy. Interior isn't as good as a G35 coupe but as for looks they both look good IMO. My dad has the G35 coupe so i've driven both already and I seem like the evo a lot more. Plus its cheaper :)

two words

crankwalk

mitsubishi

nuff said about not trusting the 4g63 or anything mitsu makes

· Registered
438 Posts
oh...opinion...go with the G35

sound of a n/a v6 sounds better than the whiney turbo of the mitsu

plus the g35 is a better value...better interior fit and finish, looks alot better...and as noted won't get alot of attention from police

plus...with the evo...why would you spend 28k on an economy car...just cause it has a turbo and awd...its still a lancer..look on the inside..its a 15k car with an absurd markup

awd G35 is my vote

· Registered
2 Posts
As a pure Nissan Skyline fan, id say go with the G35.

· lick my butt
48 Posts
G35!!!! and plus i dont think he needs the evo... that one dude sed go out and take sum corners.... i dont think he will be after wut happened.... anywayz the G35 is sooo much beautifuller.. lol i would trade my rsx in any day for a G35... and plus,... sleek cars look better then boxes... hahaha ew oh and think about it... in a couple years when ur older... would u still want to be driving a car that looks like a toy?????????

· Registered
174 Posts
I have all 3 (RSX-S, EVO VIII, and G35 6MT).

RSX- well you know, so I won't even go there

G35 6MT- It's a much more luxurious ride than the EVO, the seats are nice and hold you in place well (although leather, better than the RSX-S seats). The breaks are exceptional, better than the EVO brembos IMO, they're more sensitive. The engine is smooth and acceleration is quick, but not "throw you back in the seat quick." It's torquey, putting the car in first gear in anything above a complete stop is a no-no. Ride is stiff, but comfortable.

EVO VIII- Turbo, turbo, turbo. The car has an overall cheaper feeling to it, I'm not a fan of the dash, it's just like the regular Lancer's. The seats are nice, I like them more than the G35s for the sole fact that they aren't leather and you grip to them more. The car has an overall more rugged feeling to it, obviously due to the cheaper materials, but I see this as a plus if you plan on daily driving it because you don't worry as much as you would the G35. The steering is a lot tighter than the G35, it feels like a big go-kart. The brakes are strong and have a tendency to squeak (although I've been told that there is a TSB on them). The ride is much stiffer than the G35.

Personally it all boils down to what you are looking to use the car for, I'm young and like to drive in a spirited fashion every once in a while, so the EVO suits my needs well. BUT the G35 feels great to drive in, the creature comforts are awesome and the ride and accel. are plenty to put a smile on your face. I love the exhaust note on the G35.

· Registered
438 Posts
BlackRsx said:
I have all 3 (RSX-S, EVO VIII, and G35 6MT).

RSX- well you know, so I won't even go there

G35 6MT- It's a much more luxurious ride than the EVO, the seats are nice and hold you in place well (although leather, better than the RSX-S seats). The breaks are exceptional, better than the EVO brembos IMO, they're more sensitive. The engine is smooth and acceleration is quick, but not "throw you back in the seat quick." It's torquey, putting the car in first gear in anything above a complete stop is a no-no. Ride is stiff, but comfortable.

EVO VIII- Turbo, turbo, turbo. The car has an overall cheaper feeling to it, I'm not a fan of the dash, it's just like the regular Lancer's. The seats are nice, I like them more than the G35s for the sole fact that they aren't leather and you grip to them more. The car has an overall more rugged feeling to it, obviously due to the cheaper materials, but I see this as a plus if you plan on daily driving it because you don't worry as much as you would the G35. The steering is a lot tighter than the G35, it feels like a big go-kart. The brakes are strong and have a tendency to squeak (although I've been told that there is a TSB on them). The ride is much stiffer than the G35.

Personally it all boils down to what you are looking to use the car for, I'm young and like to drive in a spirited fashion every once in a while, so the EVO suits my needs well. BUT the G35 feels great to drive in, the creature comforts are awesome and the ride and accel. are plenty to put a
smile on your face. I love the exhaust note on the G35.
good god...does your whole paycheck go to finance payments

nice collection tho

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.