Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
stillstock said:
good god...does your whole paycheck go to finance payments

nice collection tho
neg...they're all family cars

technically, the G35s is my dads, EVO VIII is my little brothers, and I have the RSX

but we all drive each others cars around anyways, I've been driving the G all weekend since I have to get a new stud to get my type R intake mani on and I'm probably going to have to wait 'til tomorrow to get one from Acura

· Registered
438 Posts
BlackRsx said:
neg...they're all family cars

technically, the G35s is my dads, EVO VIII is my little brothers, and I have the RSX

but we all drive each others cars around anyways, I've been driving the G all weekend since I have to get a new stud to get my type R intake mani on and I'm probably going to have to wait 'til tomorrow to get one from Acura
ahhh good call

nice situation tho

the g35 would be my top pick of all those even tho i have an rsx myself

possibly even break down and go back to acura and get th eTL tho

· Registered
97 Posts
I have test driven an Evo, STi, 350Z Enthusiast, G35 Coupe, s2000, SRT-4, and Mazda RX-8 as well as numerous other vehicles (I take 'field trips' to dealerships for fun while im skipping classes at college, yeah i got my priorities straight) Here is my personal rating scale. Note i did NOT rate an RSX, base or Type S, although i put both base and Type S between the Evo and SRT-4. Turbo an RSX and you would beat an SRT-4 (yeah it would cost more, but i bet it would still run 5yrs down the road), but in a real-world situation even a turbo RSX Type S (running say 5-8 PSI) would lose to an Evo on a nice windy road. I would love to get an R35 GTR, but from what ive seen they are coming with a VQ33DETT 3.3 liter V-6 instead of a VQ35(DETT) 3.5 liter V-6. another very disturbing thing is that they are based on the same platform as nearly every other Nissan, and they have gotten rid of the typical Skyline straight-six (R34 GT-R V-Spec II, RB26DETT) as well as abandoned the muscular Skyline body style and killer headlights.
7th place, SRT-4-fast but cheaply built, only 5MT, chrysler=crap
6th place, Evo- Felt fastest around corners, but lacked TQ, plus only 5MT
5th place, RX-8-Slow, but ive had 4 rotaries and they DEFINE reliable, plus 6MT
4th place, G35 Coupe-awesome style, VQ35DE, ugly taillights, nice spoiler
3rd place, STi-felt much faster on corners, larger engine than Evo, more reliable
2nd place, S2000-quick convertible, love that F20C redline, but only a 2.0 4cyl
1st place, 350Z Enthusiast-Best styling, great price, but interior felt cheap (dash and cloth seats especially)

...On the other hand the G35 holds more women than either the 350Z or S2000 and is a luxury brand...So yeah, G35!

· Registered
97 Posts
Oh yeah, i forgot. Renault owns Nissan, the 350Z/G35 Coupe/R35/new Maxima/EVERYOTHERNISSANCAR is based on the Nissan FM platform, and Chrysler (which if you recall from my previous post equalled crap) owns the controlling shares of Mitsubishi motors. Therefore from my previous statement we can deduce that Mitsubishi's are primarily crap, and it is true that they are the most problematic Japanese vehicles sold in North America. Ford owns Mazda, and GM owns the controlling share of Subaru now. That leaves Honda and Toyota, but where is Toyota in my little list? Well they are probably screwing around with those god-awful Scions instead of making Supra's.

· Registered
438 Posts
TakimotoRacing said:
Oh yeah, i forgot. Renault owns Nissan, the 350Z/G35 Coupe/R35/new Maxima/EVERYOTHERNISSANCAR is based on the Nissan FM platform, and Chrysler (which if you recall from my previous post equalled crap) owns the controlling shares of Mitsubishi motors. Therefore from my previous statement we can deduce that Mitsubishi's are primarily crap, and it is true that they are the most problematic Japanese vehicles sold in North America. Ford owns Mazda, and GM owns the controlling share of Subaru now. That leaves Honda and Toyota, but where is Toyota in my little list? Well they are probably screwing around with those god-awful Scions instead of making Supra's.
actually it has been noted by a few car editors that the new chryslers build quality and integrity does seem much better than in the past ...examples pacificia, durango, crossfire
about your comment of a turbo rsx lasting 5 years rather than a neon srt-4...i'll argue that...a non turbo car lasting that long is alittle absurd

· Registered
41 Posts
I think that maybe you should go and test drive both cars and see which car YOU like better. Since after all YOU will be the one driving it. You will find too many different opinions on here. ive never drivin a EVO but i have driven a G35 6MT coupe and my review is this

PROs
nice sounding car
nice styling
sweet headlights
comfy seats

CONS
very VERY stiff gear box, might have just been my buddys tranny but to shift this thing you had to bash it through gears, and ive driven stick my whole driving life. Basically if you are rolling and the car was in neutral good luck finding the gear you want. BUT like i said could of just been his car.

controls on the dash (ie radio, climate) kinda confusing.

where are the cup holders?!!? i later found out theres one that flips down on the door. Im still sceptical , thats kinda improtant for comuting anywhere.

car seemed fast but to be honest my old RSX w/ an intake was and felt ALOT more fun than this car.

biggest CON vs the EVO... basically a two seater. EVO has the upper hand being a 4 door sports sedan.

If it was up to me, id test drive the EVO and see how i liked that. if it was what i was looking for then id get it, easy as that.

Have you considered the new Acura TL 6 spd? very fast very sweet. that would be what i would buy hands down.

· Registered
41 Posts
piach said:
Quick ?? - Has anyone heard if they will make an AWD G35 coupe?

piach

PS Wish Nissan didn't put those ugly door handles on the Z..............
PS I wish nissan had some balls and put two turbos on the Z. Show some respect for the Zs that paved the way.

· Registered
37 Posts
I'd pick the G35. It may not be as fast as an EVO but it's more luxurious, has decent power, and you'll actually get to drive a Nissan Skyline. Ever seen a JDM V35 Skyline Coupe? It's just like the G35 here except it has Nissan badges and it says Skyline on the trunk. Either way, you'll still have a bad ass ride. Good luck.

· Registered
97 Posts
...heres a site to make your friends sick!

www.tubgirl.com

...curious? you should be, but be forewarned, it is disturbing.

· Registered
97 Posts
Yeah it is. my friends set it as my homepage. man was i surprised! in any event its a good site to tell ppl to go see.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.