Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Because STIGCAR
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you for viewing my showoff thread. I bought this 2006 RSX 5-speed in Tafeta white at a Subaru dealer with 19,700 miles in January 2008. The previous owner had lightly modded the car with I/H/E and lowering springs. All aftermarket parts were from reputable brands (Injen, DC Sports, HKS, Eibach). The thing that caught my eye most was how clean the car was.

At the dealership where I found the car.

Needless to say, I purchased the car. While being very clean it had a few issues that needed to be worked out. The intake was improperly installed causing it to interfere with the shift linkage. There was no rear camber kit to correct the excessive camber caused by the springs. The HKS exhaust was doing what it does best: being off-center and burning the bumper. (seen here).

I solved all these issues with varying methods. The intake I took apart and reinstalled correctly. The exhaust I cut, repositioned the muffler and then made a custom pipe to weld in-between the two cut pieces. For the suspension I added a camber kit.

This is the way she looked for about a year until I decided it was time for a change. I ditched the springs and went with A-SPEC coilovers, invested in some good BFGoodrich G-Force tires and decided it was time to....well just have a look.

And now...

Valve covers:

With tuck:

Night Shots:

Many, many thanks to JD for all his help.

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
Looks good do the ceiling liner with black suede! Very clean I like it. Is that the new Honda Civic Mugen edition Shift knob? I saw that it online and it looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
:drool: look so siiiick some itr wheels and your car would be sexy

·
Because STIGCAR
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good do the ceiling liner with black suede! Very clean I like it. Is that the new Honda Civic Mugen edition Shift knob? I saw that it online and it looks pretty sweet.

Thanks. It's actually an eBay knob, but it's amazing how often it gets mistaken for the Mugen one. Goes for $20 shipped and has the exact same specs as the CRSX knob (material, size, weight).

shouldve gotten A TYPE S

Originally I would've. But I have no need for a Type-Stolen. K20Z1's are hot around here.

·
Because STIGCAR
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never known a guy who gave his car a guy name [assuming Stig is male but who knows ??:dontknow:]

Haha, I know it's strange. I refer to the car as "her" but call it Stig. Good thing cars are androgynous.

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
Thanks. It's actually an eBay knob, but it's amazing how often it gets mistaken for the Mugen one. Goes for $20 shipped and has the exact same specs as the CRSX knob (material, size, weight).

Originally I would've. But I have no need for a Type-Stolen. K20Z1's are hot around here.
That's pretty interesting. I like it lol I like my Skunk2 knob because it's weight but it's horrible in the winter and summer.
Hmm same specs. I'll look into it. Keep up the good work and work on the pillars and ceiling color.

·
i rock vbp
261 Posts
ur story reminds me of when i got Muffin. ~19K miles, slightly modded, spotless inside & out but i got her from a Mitsu dealer. hehe.

you've done well with The Stig. haha. good job on the black interior swap! it looks sooo much sexier! =)

·
Rub a Dub Dub!!!
3,452 Posts
so you hacked away an HKS exhaust cuz u didn't think it sat at the center part of the hole? do you even know what the hks is suppose to look like on the base?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts