Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

exedy clutch

Tags
clutch exedy
631 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Randeezle 
#1 ·
i know exedy stage 1 organic is recommended for an all motor setup... but would stage 2 cerametallic be considered too much? would it put any extra stress(over the stage 1) on the transmission when banging through the gears?

#2 ·
It's not going to cause any extra stress, it's just that it's going to be less steetable. Level 2 is going to be more like an on/off switch whereas the level 1 organic will be much like stock. If you are going n/a you will never need level 2. However if you are going F/I stage II is probably the best route.

#4 ·
"Stage 2" (I hate how people stage everything) uses exactly the same pressure plate. The only difference will be in the clutch disk's design and material. It will engage much faster and be prone to chatter at low RPMs.

With an NA buildup I don't think you need to be concerned about the holding power of any clutch. Even stock should do for all but the most extreme setups. The only gains will be in clutch feel and speed of engagement.

#7 ·
I have the exedy cerametalic one... let's just say it'll take some getting used to:thumbsup:

I've had mine for about 6 months now, and I've mastered it (except for the whole launching part). You're gonna have to start ALL OVER when it comes to racing from a stop mang. Before I'd launch at 3.5K rpms, now I launch around 1.5-2K rpms.

The "stage2" clutch engages like an inch off the floor, no shit, you pull your toes back and that shit'll start to engage. Its VERY hard to do any kind of feathering with this clutch, but it grabs harder than shit though.

The reason I went with it was because I'm sqeezing an 80shot.
The chatter used to get on my nerves big time, but after I learned it I rarely ever get any sounds at all while taking off. What I do now is, I've sorta "programmed" my foot to press the gas just enough to jump me around 2K rpms while moving forard in normal traffic/taking off conditions.

It makes driving other cars a real pain.
The other day I test drove the srt-4 and damn that clutch engages sky high compared to my car. I'm suprised we didnt smell anything burning...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.