Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
0 Posts
I'm about to order a 2.5" system. As long as your mufflers are straight-through, I don't think you need to go to 3.00". Good luck.

·
0 Posts
:rotfl: This is gonna turn into a dam cult...Twatson on everyones avy..:thumbsup:
It's not like he makes it tough on us to come up with this stuff. Well, at least his wasn't "Charles Hunt" or something like that. Oh, sorry, OP: We are de-railing your thread.

·
Doing my clerk thing...
1,606 Posts
The loudness would be quite different between 2.5 and 3 as far as I know.

·
above status quo
2,399 Posts
I am pretty happy with the flow rate of my BC Spec3...really loud but I don't believe going to a 3" exhaust will yield much of a gain over this already extremely free flowing 2.5" system:dontknow:

·
0 Posts
Well, I just ordered all the parts for my 2.5" custom exhaust. Hopefully, I will be able to get it installed in a week or so. Let everyone know how it goes.

·
0 Posts
im sure it hates you too! I'm still running my comptech... i still need to dremil out the lip.
I debated long and hard about the 3" route and did lots of research. To make a long story short, I found no shortage of 600+whp cars (all domestic V8's of course, and many of them blown) that were running 2.5" mufflers, and many of them more restrictive than the straight-through types that we use.

It was my conclusion that the blower may actually negate any of these alleged "restrictions" that an N-A car might suffer from.

In the end, though, who really knows? Each car is different and I grew tired of losing sleep over the minutiae of this muffler versus that muffler. As long as the system is basically straight-through and not of smaller piping than your collector flange, I don't think there will be any loss.

:bow: :beerchug:

·
§
2,072 Posts
I debated long and hard about the 3" route and did lots of research. To make a long story short, I found no shortage of 600+whp cars (all domestic V8's of course, and many of them blown) that were running 2.5" mufflers, and many of them more restrictive than the straight-through types that we use.

It was my conclusion that the blower may actually negate any of these alleged "restrictions" that an N-A car might suffer from.

In the end, though, who really knows? Each car is different and I grew tired of losing sleep over the minutiae of this muffler versus that muffler. As long as the system is basically straight-through and not of smaller piping than your collector flange, I don't think there will be any loss.

:bow: :beerchug:
Why not just ask an expert like John at HyTech?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts