Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading threads this was an issue. I has a 2002 base model. Long story short, on the one day I had my windows up smoking a vapor pen; something in the engine failed. Maybe combustion timing. The cabin filled with engine compartment vapors and I blacked out. Horrible crash. 7 feet over a five foot fence flipping. Medical bills. Etc. In the end I crashed hardcore and easily could have died. Also the airbags didn't deploy. Is there a law suit I can join?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
In order to sue any vehicle manufacturer, you're going to need to prove that the airbags are defective. Same thing for the exhaust fumes, you're going to have to prove that it's a design/engineering flaw that caused you to pass out and crash. The problem is that you're driving a 2002 RSX. If anything on the engine failed and caused this, Acura can easily say that the vehicle was not maintained properly. While you may have read about these issues before, it wasn't common enough for a class action lawsuit.

By the way, don't vape with the windows up. It may not be smoke, but that shit still sticks to surfaces and will eventually stain your upholstery just like a cigarette would.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Airbag deployment doesn't always work the way you think. A certain force to the front is needed and a wild side to side may keep it intact. I watched a guy fly through the air in his pickup that landed in a crazy way and his air bag stayed in. I have no way of knowing the condition of his bag, but I asked some of the attending cops and they say it doesn't always deploy. You rearend someone at 7mph and it will launch. The dud had a gran Mal seizure hit an approach and was 10+ feet in the air. I ran to it and his daughter in the back was in a seat and fine as well as he. He starts to come to and gets all pissed I didn't want him to get out. What was really weird is the throttle was pegged as it dug it's way into the ground against some bushes. Usually a cruise will shut off when tires spin, and maybe he froze with his foot on the throttle. Talk about adrenaline, his daughter sreaming her daddy was dead and I can't get the doors open as it was in the bushes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts