Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so im looking to boost next summer or next winter. im looking at doing a peakboost set up and i dont know what kind of exhaust i should use. I was thinking of doing the Greddy Turbo Ti-C exhaust, or doing straight piping. Any opinions? (im looking at putting between 500 and 600 whp)

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
custom full 3-inch...

/thread

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of piping would you recommend and what muffler?

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts

·
The Architect™
7,444 Posts
kteller 3" stainless piping, 3" magnaflow polished oval, & 3" id Magnaflow resonator 14" long

·
jrothaug
44 Posts
I see a lot of people use thermal. Are they one of the foremost turbo exhaust available? Or is it just the best bang for the buck deal? I was thinking about trying out the Skunk 2 turbo exhaust. I know a lot of people bash them for their cams, but has anyone tried the skunk2 turbo exhaust?

·
61 ci now
3,335 Posts
I see a lot of people use thermal. Are they one of the foremost turbo exhaust available? Or is it just the best bang for the buck deal? I was thinking about trying out the Skunk 2 turbo exhaust. I know a lot of people bash them for their cams, but has anyone tried the skunk2 turbo exhaust?
skunk2 turbo exhaust is great, minus the fact it will touch the stock rear sway and some other spots under the car, its a great sounding and well build exhaust.

·
jrothaug
44 Posts
So can anyone tell me why the Thermal (after removing the bottlenecks) is so popular?

·
referred to Subaru
4,251 Posts
yep 3" custom is the way to go. i have a 14" magnaflow and an 80mm apexi ws2 turbo muffler on mine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep 3" custom is the way to go. i have a 14" magnaflow and an 80mm apexi ws2 turbo muffler on mine.
how does that sound? i want to get my piping and muffler install way in advance of the turbo install but i was told its not worth it till then. what you guys think?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im going to turbo it next winter hopefully. but by that post im guessing just wait haha

·
P500 Sport
6,953 Posts
It would be however quieter than when I had to run op 3" DP on my last turbo setup to get to the exhaust shop and drive right by the police station :scared: ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts