Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a base model manual RSX, what exhaust system would you recommend as a best value for both performance and price? I'm not going to be racing it, but obviously I'd like to see some performance upgrade, so I guess I'm looking for my best bang for my buck. If it is of any consequence, I have already installed a CAI.

*Qualifying Statement* Given I drive my RSX everyday to work and so forth, I'm not looking for a super loud exhaust. Hence a balance between noise factor and performance is also desirable.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks in advance,
drod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
magnaflow is probably your best bet...you can get the 5" tip for 350 shipped or you can get the 4" tip for 400. I hear that it has a nice deep tone but isnt loud or abnoxious.
 

·
keepn' it clean
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
I just got the JIC titanim. It's super light, sounds great and is supposed to give good power gain, but it's on the expensive side.

I'll post some soundclips when i get in installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good sites for rsx exhausts?

Thanks for the input everyone. That said, I've been searching around online at some of my favorite performance parts sites, and their selections are, shall we say, sparse.

I guess besides the manufacturers home site, can you guys recommend some other good sites with solid selections for rsx fitting exhausts? Thanks a ton.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
where did you get the JIC titanium exhaust from and for how much? Does it fit the base or just the type s
 

·
keepn' it clean
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
aurilleous said:
where did you get the JIC titanium exhaust from and for how much? Does it fit the base or just the type s
I got the JIC from a friend who had it shipped directly from japan. It is supposed to fit both a base and a type s since it is an axle back. I also had a custom b-pipe made in order to make it a cat back (i think i used 2.75"piping)

Cost was around $1300 canadian, which translates to a little under a grand US.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,331 Posts
Magnaflow catback 4" tip is stainless steel and comes with 2 sets of b pipe for the base and type s so if you ever want to get a race header you're set. The only draw back is that if you look inside the muffler it narrow down to smaller than stock at one point which acts like a silencer inside the muffler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
i VieTEC said:
Magnaflow catback 4" tip is stainless steel and comes with 2 sets of b pipe for the base and type s so if you ever want to get a race header you're set. The only draw back is that if you look inside the muffler it narrow down to smaller than stock at one point which acts like a silencer inside the muffler.
thats a drawback? silencer = exhaust not as loud = isnt that good?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
Comptech good exhaust, GReddy EVO cheap and sounds good to until you hit vtec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Between this group...recommendations?

All,

Between the following exhausts for the baes, what would you suggest?
1. FireBall Cat-Back Exhaust System with 100mm Tip
2. DC Sports TCS
3. Injen Super Cat-Back Stainless Exhaust System
4. Thermal Factory-Exit Classic Stainless Steel Cat-Back System
5. Tanabe Super Racing Medalion Exhaust Systems
6. (DC5) Invidia Exhaust
7. Magnaflow

These questions are a real pain in the arse, I know. How about this, are there any I should stay away from?

Drod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eling99

How's the sound....I'm not looking for a super load mofo here given I commute, but definately a boost in performance is desired.

How about fit...any rattling going on? Install pretty straightforward?

Thanks
Drod
 

·
Relish then catch up
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
How much of a performance increase on the base are we talking about with an exhuast?
Is it low end or high end?
 

·
EVO X
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
I havent received it yet...i called them and they told me it was on back order. Apparently a lot of people are ordering it.

Here is a clip of how it sounds on a Type R http://hksusa.com/products/?id=715 check it out...you might like it!!!!

drod said:
How's the sound....I'm not looking for a super load mofo here given I commute, but definately a boost in performance is desired.

How about fit...any rattling going on? Install pretty straightforward?

Thanks
Drod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey eling99

Did they say how long your exhaust would be on backorder? I like what you're saying so far about the HKS, but if the wait is months....I think you catch my drift.

Let me know, thanks.
Drod
 

·
EVO X
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
drod said:
Did they say how long your exhaust would be on backorder? I like what you're saying so far about the HKS, but if the wait is months....I think you catch my drift.

Let me know, thanks.
Drod
so far its only been about a week..i called them..they said its sending it out today or tomorrow...and i should be getting it by monday!!!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top