Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It'll be a while before I have the $$$ :(, but I was wondering what you guys thought. Next in line will be (probably) a Comptech street header (we have an 'Aircare' inspection here, so I can't lose the cat, and I don't want to be uninstalling/reinstalling the exhaust every time I meed to have it done, so a racing header is out.) Or, should I go for the Greddy SP2 exhaust next?

My goal is to have the most whp, but still street legal, N/A car possible. Yes, I know the K-Pro is not CARB exempt. Fortunately, this is not California and they just do a visual inspection for the cat and an emissions test.

Which would you guys do first? Header or exhaust? My gut tells me header, but I thought I'd get some feedback. Thanks for your input!

Peace

WhiZ

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
If you get a shorty then atleast get the DC, it cheaper than the comptech.

A shorty gives about the some power as an exhaust for less money. It just depends on if you want the car to sound dif or not.

·
N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Inspections are once every other year currently, but the police have been known to do random inspections on the street, and if they find anything the car can be impounded. I'm just not willing to risk it.

I'll do a search for Comptech vs DC, but one of the local guys can get decent pricing on the Comptech, so I was going to go with that.

Thanks for the input!

Peace

WhiZ

·
N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
talyler said:
Get the JR + Carsound. I love it. You'll still have a cat and no CEL.
Yeah, but that's big big $$$!! That would be ideal, but we'll see.

Peace

WhiZ

·
N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
talyler said:
BTW you live in BC? :flame: I hate you! I've been to Whistler and Vancouver and I loved both places (Whistler expecially).
Yup, born and raised in Vancouver. Wouldn't live anywhere else. :) Our taxes suck, but you take some bad with the good. :)

I have a cousin living up in Whistler, so it's nice when I want to go skiing. Take the RSX for a nice 1.5 hour drive up the highway, stay with her, and not pay the crazy-ass prices for housing/hotels that they have now. :cool:

I haven't been to AZ since I was very young, but I have a friend who lives there now and he loves it.

Peace

WhiZ

·
Banned
60 Posts
get the toda header

·
Premium Member
7,792 Posts
Exhaust.

The stock header isn't that bad, especially if you are only thinking about getting a shorty header. If you were looking at a race header + high flow cat, I'd tell you to go with that combo, but with a shorty... I'd say get a good exhaust.

Or a nitrous kit :p Squeeze a lil giggle juice

They are all more-or-less in the same price range.

·
N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frosty said:
Exhaust.

The stock header isn't that bad, especially if you are only thinking about getting a shorty header. If you were looking at a race header + high flow cat, I'd tell you to go with that combo, but with a shorty... I'd say get a good exhaust.

Or a nitrous kit :p Squeeze a lil giggle juice

They are all more-or-less in the same price range.
No NO2 for me, thanks! But thanks everybody for the input. I think I'll go exhaust next and see what that gets me. Now to start saving my pennies...

Peace

WhiZ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.