Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Acura RSX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed some Megan race headers (long tube so cat was deleted), and I got a custom exhaust made. I am running a 2.5 inch piping with a resonator and 4 inch muffler. I've been running this setup for about a week and its been pretty bad. It has an annoying raspy noise from 2k rpm. And it just sounds super ricey. At idle it sounds good and around 4rpm it sounds better. But the metal rattling sounds like complete ear rape and I miss just having my old sound back. I thought headers would make the car's sound improve overall. My question is how to get rid of this noise with the current setup and how to delete this sound and just kinda going back to a nice deep kinda throaty sound.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Is it rasp, or is it rattling? The race header (we only have one) in conjunction with a larger diameter exhaust will typically provide a raspy exhaust note. The only way to eliminate that is with a longer resonator, or putting a cat back on. Even then, you could still have some rasp. If the header has a flex pipe built in, that can cause rattling.

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
No offense but probably the 4" muffler. Is it a brand name? Is the resonator a brand name? Or just an ebay type muffler/resonator?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts