Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, well i put my buddy club pro spec on and now it rattle sreal bad at idle. it sounds like metal to metal contact. It happens under 1k and is worse the lower it goes (esecially with the a/c on). if im sitting in the pass. seat it feels like something is actually hitting right under my feet, like exhaust to ndercarriage, or to heatchield (if thats where on is) contact. i have esmm's (never gave me problems with my stock exhaust though, so i think it is def. contact) i think the larger pipes are hitting the heat shields, or the undcarriage. i searched exhaust rattles and didnt find much. there are a few things im wndering. first, should i, or can i safely, remove the heat shields from aboe the cat and bpipe w/o melting anything? secondly, is there something i should wrap? third, what kind of heat wrap should i use? cani get it at pep boys or advanced or napa? lastly is there nething else it could be and what should i do about it?

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
I had this problem, I always just unbolted it, the rebolted it back down making sure it was nice and tight (the header to b-pipe connection). problem went away. make sure you have everything on the hangers as well.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
cat should have one on it

·
aka Batman on weekends
1,677 Posts
if u have a rh, take the heat shields off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.