Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wat kinda exhuast and header do track racers usually use?
sounds like big bee.more like f1 racing cars.and higher RPM louder and sharper it gets...most poeple say they use tanble...but i doubt it..
any suggtions?

·
Super Modulator
2,128 Posts
what the hell is tanble?! :confused:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Exhausts don't count for all that much. Most popular are powergetter or HKS. As for headers, get a race header. The dyno proven headers that I heard a lot of positive things about are the Jackson Racing Race Header ($525+) and Toda Race Header ($1000+).

·
Registered
741 Posts
I personally haven't heard how the powergetters sound, but hks sounds really nice. Nice deep sound and not like all buzzing or bee in a can. Once when you get a race header though, it sounds like twice as loud. I have a Greddy which sounds nice w/o race headers, but now...it's loud as hell. I keep my rpms under 3k so it sounds normal, but once when it goes over...it echos and people can hear you from a mile away. Oh, the jackson racing header eliminates the cat, so that has a big factor in the sound. If you put a high flow cat, it will probably muffle the sound a tad bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so u suggest i should go with HKS exhuast & jackson headers? would it sound deep and all? like ur xhuast and shit? thats what i ant on low rpm i dont wanna hear but as soon as the rpm goes up i wanna crazy f1 racing exhuast?

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
yeah but you either need a type-s exhaust or get an adaptor so it can fit

·
Registered
741 Posts
Getting a race header over a shorty will definitely be worth it. First, I had my exhaust welded since it was an greddy evo and they only make exhausts for the type-s for the time being, then turned around and added a type-s adaptor welded to the exhaust to fit the jackson racing header. Luckily I have a friend who's father owns a muffler shop and did the welding for me for free. You could just have a shop weld an adaptor or the exhaust straight the the race header pipe...I figure around $50-$75, unless that shop just completely overprices. It shouldn't be that much.

If you haven't already gotten an exhaust, just get a type-s one so it will bolt up directly to the header. Save money and time instead of welding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wait so ur sayin i should get a type S exhaust right? but then i have to pay for 2 exhuast..one is type-S and one is for HKS right?

·
Registered
741 Posts
huh? not quite sure what you're asking? If you haven't already gotten an exhaust, I recommend you getting an exhaust for the type-s so you don't have to worry about welding (will directly bolt on and save quite a bit of time on install), but if you already have an exhaust for the base...there's no point in purchasing another exhaust so just have a shop weld an adapter (will be cheaper than buying an adapter for base exhaust to fit type-s) or have it welded directly to the race header.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts