Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1831 Posts

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a preliminary list of things i do....anything not listed, just ask me...
pm me for prices...they are not fixed and depend on application and the amount of work...
when you go with me, your shit will not be half assed... Full Assed is the only way to go

The items in bold are the ones i do quite often
-Motor Builds/Swaps
-Valve Train (cams etc.)
-Turbo/Supercharger/Nitrous
-Transmission(clutch, flywheel, LSD, repair, custom builds)
-Bolt-Ons (intake, header, intake manifold, etc.)
-Suspension
-Electronics
-Troubleshooting
-Fabrication
-Dyno Tuning (Church Automotive Testing)
-Street Tuning via the butt dyno or Raz Dyno
-and if ya need plain old advice, hit me up, im sure ill answer asap

UPDATE: Major Platforms i have experience with RSX(DC5) - all, Civic Si(FG2) - all, B/H/D Series Engine and Chassis - all, Evo 8,9,10, Subaru WRX/STi, Honda S2k - all, ETC(as i think of more, i will add)

Frelance Tuning Available outside of Southern California (Norcal Only), All other states now servicing...*hit me for details and fine print
What do i-tune? here are a few in breif, any not listed feel free to ask me as i havent listed them all, list can be extensive and confusing...
Open Ecu (Subaru and Mitsubishi), Aem Series 1 & 2 (all platorms), Hondata (s1,s2,s3,fpro,kpro), Crome, Motec, Cobb Accessport (Subaru/Mitsu), Vipec, AFC - all, etc.

UPDATE Sep2011: now can accept credit as payment for services rendered, all major cards accepted, and as always cash is golden... just thought id expand how people can pay

i also am mobile with the installs, so if your car is disabled, i can come to you as minor as wiring or as major as pulling your motor

For those new and old to this thread...its always being updated with new info, links, and pics so yall can learn or be enlighten on some stuff...so stay posted...latest updates are towards the end of the thread

For those that do know and dont know, i do just about any install on the RSX and have many threads with the results and shit...blah...blah...blah, now i feel its time to offer my expertise on a more technical note to other platforms...
Well i started things out with a 2004 Honda S2000
on friday i conducted a clutch install and that shit was crazy, lol....lets just say the rsx is way easier in some aspects...for people that think a clutch job on the rsx is a piece of art, just think of the S2K as a masterpiece
In approx two weeks i might be installing a turbo kit on this car, etc....the list goes on...just like the RSX i can do just about anything to a S2000, all i have to learn is the aem ems so i can help the locals out that have it, and even out of state people

If yall know anybody that needs some serious stuff done to there S2K and of course the RSX...duh...send em my way and ill take care of them...how seroius?... ranging from installing a intake all the way to assembling a motor
i have a screename on s2ki.net, its the same as my current one here: palmerblock

My next car i will be workin on is the Nissan 350Z
here some pics from friday

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
good job man, that looks sexy. i wish i can work on transmissions but instead, i like to do the basics :)

i'll send the hard ones your way

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KSMatic said:
good job man, that looks sexy. i wish i can work on transmissions but instead, i like to do the basics :)

i'll send the hard ones your way
thanks bro...
im suprised i could even fit my 6"4 self in this car, lol, and yes it was nice

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
majestic dc5 said:
wow i wish there was someone like you over here. good luck with everything
thanks, btw its just a side job, i should have named the thread expanding my side jobs, lol instead of a business
i want to work for a shop and be a part time tuner while im still attending college...now that would be nice

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
palmerblock said:
thanks, btw its just a side job, i should have named the thread expanding my side jobs, lol instead of a business
i want to work for a shop and be a part time tuner while im still attending college...now that would be nice
im trying to expand, my site is under making and im trying to form a new company.

Of course, i'll be selling car parts + installs :D

How long did it take you to do the whole thing?

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
boredfast said:
just make sure you have a lot of time on hand :D haha
hell yes, lol especially if its your first time doing it

KSMatic said:
How long did it take you to do the whole thing?
actual work 4 hours...
me looking over everything, wondering why honda designed this car with no working room, having doubts about the clutch design (SPEC ST2)...had to search the net for peace of mind cuz the throw out bearing or should i say the pull bearing's final fit didnt sit well with my stomach initally---->there was more clearance between the pull bearing and the pressure plate vs the stock one on the s2k, but thats the way the maker of spec clutches designes there pressure plate so i just let it be..., taking brief naps under the car and also eating like a mad man cuz lifting a tranny the size of 2 type s trannys builds up a nice appetite---------------------. it took me 10 hours
now that ive done it once, it will onky take me 4-6 hours to do...mind you this is with no help...my brother used to help me but he is up north going to school, so now i have to lift all this heavy shit by myself...and i also refrained from excessive use of the impact since i didnt want to to wake the neighbors...so this also made the install take longer than planned

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
310DC5 said:
Yeah man, IT'S GONE!

Looking to buy a project car now...

:eek:
wanna join me and jims team?------->Team Full Assed, lol
btw ima be hookin up with u soon for the return line, my car is at the shop right now getting the downpipe and wastegate plumbing fabed up

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
310DC5 said:
Team Full Assed! sounds good. :laughing:

Yeah, hit me up and help ya out with what I can.

:spin:
ok cool,
well jim is going full assed, im 7/16 assed right now compared to him, lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
ive never installed a clutch on an s2k but on may other rear wheel drive cars, generally its eaiser to install a clutch on a rear wheel drive car then a front wheel drive car, but its all good. Glad to hear your "expanding your mind" Good Luck with everything.

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
rsx type s 81 said:
ive never installed a clutch on an s2k but on may other rear wheel drive cars, generally its eaiser to install a clutch on a rear wheel drive car then a front wheel drive car, but its all good. Glad to hear your "expanding your mind" Good Luck with everything.
easier in some aspects true
here is the pros for a s2k vs a rsx
1. wheels dont have to be removed
2. tranny fluid doesnt have to be drained
3. no snapping in and out axles, just unbolt the drive shaft
4. no shifter cables
5. dont have to remove the battery
6. dont have to remove the subframe nor disconnect the suspension

the cons
1. very tight fit
2. long heavy tranny

thats about it

if i were to do this again it would be a breeze this time
i kinda like them more than the rsx clutch install

but to remove the s2k tranny, you have to
disconnect the steering shaft and the sensor goin to the steering gear box
remove fan belt
unbolt the ac compressor
remove 1 bolt on the altenator and loosen the bottom one so you can swing it out
remove air box
remove header and cat
remove drive shaft
remove shift linkage
remove 1 intake manifold support beam
disconnect a few sensor and hoses closest to the firewall
drop the subframe 3-4 inches,
remove rear tranny mount
pull the throw out bearing fork release from the actual bearing
etc, etc etc

and u need some long ass extnesions to reach certian bolts and i mean long...ie 24 inches and swivle joints

1 - 20 of 1831 Posts