Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Drifters Wanted...
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Recently took my 2006 DC5 running Wilwood Dynalite BBK to Streets of Willow. After one session, the brake pedal got incredibly soft. I drove the 2nd session much more cautiously. It felt as if I could get similar braking power but it took much more pedal travel before brakes began to bite. And my pedal was going to the floor whenever I had to threshold brake.

Key configuration info:
Running Motul RBF660 fluid, replaced days before trackday
Running Wilwood BP-20 pads, replaced and bedded same time as fluid change
Didn't have time to resurface or buy new rotors before trackday / new pads
Pedal travel to initial bite went from almost instant before trackday to no bite until pedal about 1" in after 2 sessions

After last session, noticed some moisture around two bleeder nuts.

Any hypotheses on what's wrong and how to check?
I bought some Endless fluid and new rotors but fear I may have to replace brake master cylinder :-/

·
Premium Member
145,086,236 Posts
Maybe the bleeder nuts have failed? You could try replacing those as well but the BMC had an open recall years ago that I had to take my car in to get replaced. Produced similar symptoms to what you are describing

·
Waifu Deluxe
780 Posts
Where there is smoke there is fire, I'd look at the bleeders first and go from there.

You could have also somehow cooked the fluid if there was a sticking caliper etc.

·
Aspiring Race Car Driver
76 Posts
It takes quite a bit to boil Motul RBF660...

so i think one of the two things happened:
1. you didn't fully bleed the brakes first time and there's moisture/air in the lines
2. bad brake master cylinder

·
Waifu Deluxe
780 Posts
It takes quite a bit to boil Motul RBF660...

so i think one of the two things happened:
1. you didn't fully bleed the brakes first time and there's moisture/air in the lines
2. bad brake master cylinder
Yeah hence the sticking caliper. Could also have contaminated fluid like you mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts