Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had signed up to run the Poconos East this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. First off, TPM upped their prices this year, so each day was $175. Then, I get a call this morning at noon telling me they're cancelling the days due to weather, and I only get $75 back. Yes, that's right, I'm out $200.

NESBA gives you a FULL refund if they dont roll a wheel. Also, they NEVER cancel before hand due to weather. What happens if the weather does a complete 180 this weekend and it's sunshine at Poconos? Sorry, goodknight, you're SOL.

FUCK team promotion.

GO NESBA.

www.nesba.com

Also, NESBA charges $165 to run Poconos East, TPM charges $175. If you buy tires from NESBA, they mount/balance them for free, TPM charges you. If you crash in the morning with TPM, you're out of luck. If you crash in the morning, NESBA gives you half a days worth of credit.

·
fix-a-flat
1,079 Posts
Reactions: DesertSilverRSX-S

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They get around it by having a severe weather policy on their site.

I was reading up on the nesba boards, and the only time they canceled an event was when a hurricane was coming through va. Other then that, they at least held onto the event in case the weather did a 180.

Reactions: MrRSX

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. Not only that, but the VP of TPM is being, 'difficult' via email. I'll post up the email chain tomorrow, verbatim.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
yeah do that.... and said a letter saying you know a whole association (and you do) that will shy away from them

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
wow that really sucks dude!!! nesba is def the way to go, i can't believe TPM screwed you like that.

I believe nesba is the only non-profit track day org, right? it sure shows....

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, as of yesterday they sent a message saying they'll give us full credit. No idea why, but after the chain of emails I had with their VP, I'm still not riding with them, except to make up the 2 days. Those will probably be the last days i ride with them.

Trav, NESBA is still a business, but they treat their riders much, much better imo. We're riding Beaverun on the 5th of May. Come out if you can!

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Sucks man, but happy to hear that you'll at least get credit for the 2 days you paid for!

lat-R

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Trav or Goodknight...either of you guys start out with track school or something of the sort?
nope. Just sign up for any day with NESBA in the beginner class. or, even do an intro day.

I'd recommend you have a few regular trackdays under your belt so you were used to the track before you did a full out school... the first time on a track is very exciting... you need to get over that somewhat before you try to absorb the knowledge a school can offer, so you don't waste your money.

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
that's good. The only great thing about TPM was that they make beginners take a class and it was GREAT for teaching you about riding on the track.

To be there weather policy sucks

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I never took the ART class. I did my first day with nesba, crashed, then went on to do another day just much more level headed.

If i have the money, i want to try STT.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts