Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how about adding a fastest stock RSX type S and Base times ?

under the thread with the top 5 because stock aint int here then we will see how good of drivers we have here.

just a suggestion.

and what are some stock times anyone that is stock like tires and all get into a 14.xxx?

G

·
I ran a 15.159, completely stock at Rockingham the other week. My reaction time was terrible though, 1.13. The stock tires really suck. It was my first time to ever run on a track. I went from 15.6 to 15.1 after about seven runs.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the reaction time doesn't affect the 1/4 mile time.

good job man where you racing in the day time or the night?

and what were you launching at and what were you doing dropping the clutch or slipping it?

·
MidWest ClubRSX
1,642 Posts
stock 1/4?

stock....at IRP...in Indianapolis, IN, stock tires... 14.871 @94.272.... can people on here not drive? just wondering...

Tony M.

·
photoshopimp
256 Posts
Re: stock 1/4?

PearlTypeS said:
stock....at IRP...in Indianapolis, IN, stock tires... 14.871 @94.272.... can people on here not drive? just wondering...

Tony M.
Hey Tony, I'm glad you still have your RSX. Remember me I was almost gonna buy it off of you, and have you ship it to Pa. well I ended up getting a new one. And I'm glad you ran a 14.8 stock. I want to keep mine stock till I hit 14.8 and then I'll start modifying mine. But glad to see you are still around.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: stock 1/4?

PearlTypeS said:

Tony M.
GOD DAMN good shit. did you take anything out the car?

and what was ur tire pressure?

what were you launching at and what were you doing slipping it or dropping it?

just curious because i am going to the track on saturday and i don't want to run a shitty time

·
Registered
31 Posts

Tony M.

[/B]

I'd say thats the case, as it is on most message boards....

·
8th and final RSX summer!
1,016 Posts
MTO RSX said:
100% stock(unless you count a shorty shifter)
Base
i ran [email protected]
with a shitty 2.397 sixty!!
Hey, thats similar to what I ran... only ran twice. 16.185 and 15.734.

I'm going to run again now that I have the CAI, see if I can hit 15.6

G

·
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PearlTypeS

Tony M.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm i think that is the case, you guys dont know how to drive a Type-S. The other day my friend let me drive his Type-S(i havent got mine yet), and you have to shift right before the rev limiter kicks in to acheive the best times, thats what he told me. I drove the car around the block then, stopped and took off. GTECH Pro says I did a 14.8.

This was with everything stock, and i slipped the clutch from 3500-3750rpms. Also the way I shift is try to train urself to push the clutch and shift simltaneously, if u can get the perfect timing u will shift really quickly.

just my .02

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea my friend has the turbo timer that has the gtech built in.

and he ran it against the track time only ones but when he did the thing said he ran a 14.4 but the actual time was a 15.2.

so those things are pretty off

·
Registered
522 Posts
From my experiences you cannot compare gtech times against a track time. The traction is different and a slight uphill will make your times lower (g tech will be at a slightly downward angle, but you will actuallyl be running slower). A downhill will make it run quicker obviously because the car can use the help of gravity to an extent to run faster. This outweighs the upward angle of the gtech.

I've run countless gtechs on many different cars and believe it or not, it is quite accurate. Assuming you set it up perfectly and the road is perfectly straight, free of bumps and at no angle. I've run the gtech on the track, and the et's are almost perfect (except one time), but the mph is always way off. They do however represent different things. I believe the track measures the avg speed for the last few feet and gtech measures the actual speed at the end of the distance.

I think gtech is great for comparing multiple runs on the same road with the same car. It will show improvement or loss, but it's not a perfect system.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
rsxblondie said:
From my experiences you cannot compare gtech times against a track time. The traction is different and a slight uphill will make your times lower (g tech will be at a slightly downward angle, but you will actuallyl be running slower). A downhill will make it run quicker obviously because the car can use the help of gravity to an extent to run faster. This outweighs the upward angle of the gtech.

I've run countless gtechs on many different cars and believe it or not, it is quite accurate. Assuming you set it up perfectly and the road is perfectly straight, free of bumps and at no angle. I've run the gtech on the track, and the et's are almost perfect (except one time), but the mph is always way off. They do however represent different things. I believe the track measures the avg speed for the last few feet and gtech measures the actual speed at the end of the distance.

I think gtech is great for comparing multiple runs on the same road with the same car. It will show improvement or loss, but it's not a perfect system.
Whoa...that's some pretty good info, coming from a girl.

·
Registered
791 Posts
KleeftonSi said:

Whoa...that's some pretty good info, coming from a girl.
I wouldn't doubt her, she knows her shit. She can also drive better than I'd say the majority of guys here. I'd have no problem saying I lost to that girl. I hate girls that daddy bought them a Supra TT and she gets a new mod every month along with a new body kit if she likes every 3 months. I know a girl that gets that... and she doesn't know shit about her car but its fast. I don't like guys that are like that either. If you are gonna have a fast car, or claim it to be fast, or any mods, know wtf its about. =)

·
Fanboi killer
2,498 Posts
i think

rally blue WRX said:
ive seen high 14's with only tire upgrades:thumbsup:
after reading that i think all the higher performance models on all of todays cars should come with performance tires, i mean the S should run high 14s consistently, but the traction suffers due to the tires, as the Spec-v, as does any car, i don't know about a wrx, awd i don't think the traction suffers their, i can't wait to change my tires up..and i know this was about the fastest stock but hey shit happens :dontknow:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Manufacturers must consider driving in the rain and snow. If their cars cannot perform at a decent level in more extreme conditions, then they may be held liable. Plus, having poor tires will not stop someone from buying a car.

The rsx is somewhat performance oriented, but nothing like an s2000 or nsx. Most rsx drivers will be in all sorts of weather and do everyday driving (not at the limit).

The WRX has really bad tires too. It understeers a lot turning in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know that they should put tires that would be good for the most driving conditions but I am sorry the stock tires on type S SUCK if the roads are even the slightest bit wet. Absolutely no traction what so ever. For some reason I doubt I am the only one or if so then I want some money from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.