Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...i searched but could not find anything on this...

does anyone know of anywhere i can buy spray paint that is coloured matched to my car....i am in canada and wanted to get the milano red colour....

if anyone know someone or where to get this please let me know

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Buy the paint from an Acura dealer, then go buy an airbrush, or one of those spraycans at a paint store where you can pour the paint into it to be sprayed on rather than brushed on.

·
Registered
466 Posts
He'd have to buy four bottles of touch-up paint @ around $5.95USD to get enough, and to be honest it won't look right compared to the paint on the body of the car. The touch-up paint has the clear mixed into it, where the body panels use a two-step painting process (base color and a separate clear coat).

Your better off looking around locally for an automotive paint suppy shop and having them mix you the correct color.

They sell an aerosol sprayer that'll do just fine for small areas.

Something else to consider: This isn't going to be cheap by any means.

*ALL* paints used these days are two step paints. That is you have a base color and a separate clear coat that gives the final shine to the paint.

Off hand I can't tell you how much the base color paint is going to run you, but figure it'll start around $40USD and up for a GOOD brand of paint (i.e. DuPont).

I forgot how much a pint of clear will cost you, but I don't recall it being as much as the paint itself.

Then there's the equipment cost (the sprayer/sandpaper/tack cloths/ and if your doing it right, a dust/vapor mask).

In the end, unless you already have all the equipment, when you figure in labor it makes more sense just to bring whatever part you want painted to a body shop to have it done.

BTW.. if your wondering how I know about this, it's because I had looked into buying some Everett Green Metallic paint for my old Eclipse once when it got keyed. At the time I didn't have the cash to get it professionally fixed and I looked into fixing it myself. What an eye-opening experience that was! :eek:

·
Registered
715 Posts
i just got the new import tuner in the mail today and saw an ad for "Dupli-color" spray paint that says, "have a perfect matched color". it was for (what do you know) a milano red honda civic. go to www.duplicolor.com and see what you can find :dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts