Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also for anyone that cares, Hmotorsonline has the under seat bar for $150 shipped to Michigan. So depending on your ZIP it could be more/less.

·
Registered
748 Posts
could anyone tell me if dc5 strut tower bars front and rear are compatible with our ep3's? also are mid bars and c pillar bars from dc5's compatible? i must know before my next purchase lol thanks.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
ep3 does not need a front strut bar.....ithas the struttowers conected to the splash tray that conects to the firewall....as for the rear....use the type-r ones I have in this thread.

·
Registered
722 Posts
where can i get a dc5r rear strut tower bar from? anyone got a link to where they got it? the ones on page 1 arent working for me :/
The RSX rear strut bar is a 3 piece bar. You can get the center section off JDMLand / ICBMotorsport.

The other two pieces attach to the strut mounts and are called "gussets". You can either buy them new from Acura (74671-S6M-J00 and 74672-S6M-J00) or source them out from a parted out 02-06 RSX. 05-06 preferred (thicker metal).

·
Registered
56 Posts
The RSX rear strut bar is a 3 piece bar. You can get the center section off JDMLand / ICBMotorsport.

The other two pieces attach to the strut mounts and are called "gussets". You can either buy them new from Acura (74671-S6M-J00 and 74672-S6M-J00) or source them out from a parted out 02-06 RSX. 05-06 preferred (thicker metal).
Also check out dudes in UK parting out type R's. I had the center section and the floor bar both for about $150 shipped.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #230

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
my next mod

well im getting the DC5 Type R struts, soon as I get those im getting the Dc5 type R rear upper brace, I hear nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
just got the 74230-s6m-j00 installed and not feeling any difference :dontknow:, maybe I should track it to feel the difference, but hey for 60 bucks it's a good piece to have especially if the old one was dirty and have signs of rust

for the gussets and rear strut bar, do these install invisible under the shocks plastic covers or I can't put the plastic covers back on once I have these installed ? the bar will go under the carpet of course. can someone post a pic of the trunk after having these installed and everything back on ?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
these cars are not flexable flyers...they are pretty dam stiff stock....I don't know what you were expecting but without stickie tires and non stock suspension bushings you will not feel much.....only at the limit in the form of not needing to correct steering line in mid turn. this is why they should be some of the last of your mods.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey mustclime, did you notice a difference on street tires? I'm in ST, and planning on doing some bracing and brake upgrades this winter but can only go max 225 and street tires (going star specs) was wondering if you felt a difference on street tires?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
bushings first or you will get nothing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Enjoyed reading this thread, a lot of info to get through.

FYI - ICB is showing none of the aluminium floor braces in stock. But there are several on ebay right now, at about the same price that ICB had 'em. Happy shopping.
Oh, and ICB did have the ITR rear sway and the small rear shock tower brace in, though. Should have them in my hands next week.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ok, started to work on this over the weekend. Got the RSX rear strut braces and small center bar on, which are obviously the easier parts to do. Then started to pull the rear apart. Got the rear seat off, the speaker covers, and kept the shock tower trim covers off.

Which trim pieces have to be removed and how? Can't find anything on youtube or the forums on how to do it, and would prefer, before I go all Hulk on the remaining things in the interior, to get a couple of hints if possible.

Thanks for any tips. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Got the big bear in.

Holy schniekies basically the whole interior aft of the doors had to come out. I guess I should be happy that I was able to leave the headliner in. :whoa:

That bolt hole on the side that everyone else has had issues with isn't even close to fitting on my car, so I'm just going to leave it as is and not worry about things. I'm assuming that no one has had any trouble with that solution?

Anyway, looking forward to driving now. Other bracing should be finalized in a couple of weeks or so.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts