Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So far the tire of choice are the Azenis Sport. So that's what I'm going to buy.
Now I need help with the tire size. What should I got with? Whats the best size for the track?
These are going on the stock rims. Should I go with 225's for wider/bigger contact area, and gain the extra weight.
Or should I stick to the 205's? What would be better, 205/55 or 205/50??
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make the right decision. And thanks to those who can answer these questions for me. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,808 Posts
First off if you are putting these on 16" wheels Falken Azenis Sports only come in 205/55/16 and 215/45/16. 215/45/16 will give you better gearing but throw off the speedo.

·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raph said:
First off if you are putting these on 16" wheels Falken Azenis Sports only come in 205/55/16 and 215/45/16. 215/45/16 will give you better gearing but throw off the speedo.
So the Azenis dont come in 225's? Thanks I did not know that.
How will the 215's give better gearing?? I actually dont mind if it throughs off the speedo. As long as its beneficial to the performance, its all good.

·
Banned
5,808 Posts
1320-DC5 said:
So the Azenis dont come in 225's? Thanks I did not know that.
How will the 215's give better gearing?? I actually dont mind if it throughs off the speedo. As long as its beneficial to the performance, its all good.
They come in 225/45/17.

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
well i called discount tire about them and they cant get them in till mid next week. apparently they dont carry them in stock. oh well. ordered through them anyways cause they occasionally do trade in credits for the stock tires

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
i dunno, but lots of people have said good things about them after using them. there are a fair # of drivers who hit low 14s on this board who use the azenis and say that they work great. granted, a lot has to do with the mods and driving skills, but if they have good skill, i figure they know what they are talking about and will take their advice. thats how we learn i guess. but youre right, they are heavy.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Leechiro said:
i dunno, but lots of people have said good things about them after using them. there are a fair # of drivers who hit low 14s on this board who use the azenis and say that they work great. granted, a lot has to do with the mods and driving skills, but if they have good skill, i figure they know what they are talking about and will take their advice. thats how we learn i guess. but youre right, they are heavy.
I'm partial to my proxes.. So i'm bias :laughing:

Bit off topic but, Your dyno #'s are pretty close to mine :thumbsup: 4th gear run?

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
i hear ya. yes it was 4th gear! lol. did you run it at the drag yet? i dont know what that 1/8 time equates to in the 1/4. also what are your mods?

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Leechiro said:
i hear ya. yes it was 4th gear! lol. did you run it at the drag yet? i dont know what that 1/8 time equates to in the 1/4. also what are your mods?
Depends on conditions i guess, but im guessing 9.2 in the 1/8th will get me pretty close to low 14's 14.2-14.3 if conditions are right... Cali sux :laughing:

Power mods are exactly the same as yours. :thumbsup:

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
nice, you got lots more tq than i did though. sweet

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
kryzeofkrayzie said:
Why is everyone infatuated over the azenis for the 1320? They're sooo heavy!!

exactly I made a thread about it before... first of all it's an autox tire, which extra heavy duty sidewalls... for turning... but people apparently like them because they're cheap and better than stock... but the stiffer sidewalls will only help produce wheel spin instead of flexing....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts