Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have changed the fan switch and the thermostat urself? i have tried to locate the location of fan switch and the thermostat for hrs yet still cannot find one. Does it take a long time to do it? thx guys

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,233 Posts
The radiator fan switch is located near the bottom of the rad, near the lower rad hose. The thermostat is attached to the lower rad hose, I've never looked for it, but I believe it is located under the intake maniflod.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
^ he correct w. locations. t-stat is right under the IM. held in by three 7mm bolts. Getting to is w/ removing the IM will be hard but its possible. the fan switch is on the bottom of the rad. with a sensor pluged into it. Its a 24 mm wrench or deep socket. good luck!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I replaced my thermostat/fan switch with mugens. its a pain in the ass but just take your time. you can easily reach the fan switch when the cars jacked up (if I can remember it was a 15/16th deep socket or 22 or 24mm not a 14 mm stated above) if you have a small arm/hand you can easily slide off the radiator hose and unbolt the thermostat. remember to drain the coolant from the bottom of the radiator. if you take your time it should be a few hours until your finished. when your done add some Redline Water Wetter with the new coolant, its great stuff!

·
Banned
418 Posts
Are you guys sure on the location of the fan switch, i thought it was on the block some where, i rememer the one on my B16 being on the block and thought the rsx would be i the same location?

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
yup they're right on the location. and yeah you will need a 22mm deep socket. i think it was 22 atleast, i know it was something in the 20's

·
Registered
416 Posts
Does anyone here have changed the fan switch and the thermostat urself? i have tried to locate the location of fan switch and the thermostat for hrs yet still cannot find one. Does it take a long time to do it? thx guys
i just have a buddy club fan switch n i love it the car runs cooler n ull notice by looking at the temp gauge and also the fan turns on constantly to keep the engine cooler of course. on my installation i dnt wanna bother w/draining the sytem i just switched both fan switches quickly before i got a mouth full of coolant lol almost did but n. just make sure u tight teh son of bitch tight because i thought i had mine tight but leaking coolant from the fan switch told me otherwise so my advice just keep turning till u cant turn no more u dnt wanna have leaking coolant and having to take off the undercover just to tighten it again, good investment though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry to bring this old thread up, but how da heck do you remove the fan switch with a deep 24? the sub frame is in the way. there is no way to get the wrench on the socket. need some advice. thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry to bring this old thread up, but how da heck do you remove the fan switch with a deep 24? the sub frame is in the way. there is no way to get the wrench on the socket. need some advice. thanks
Thinking of using a crowfoot to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
How about the open end on a combination wrench...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well just an update of what I used. Used a 24mm crow. 1/4 turns for every turn damn took a while then gush. Arm got soaked til I shoved the new one in

·
Registered
15 Posts
Naw man just wanted to save all the coolant I can. Just changed the mutha not too long ago. Honda shit is expensive

1 - 17 of 17 Posts