Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Fast.Sharks SLLLOOOWWW Full-Race Build

21K views 301 replies 51 participants last post by  SUPR3M3 
#1 · (Edited)
Application: 2002 PWP RSX Type-S 52k Miles
Goal: 430 @ 14.5psi
History: Was boosted on my last motor before hydrolocking it with the CN 60-1hifi kit.
Current: A year and a half or so later I return to the dark side with a REAL kit!

(Red Notes items Ordered/awaiting arrival)
(Blue Notes items currently inhand)

Part list on Stock Motor:
Full-Race Stage3 GT35R Kit INSTALLED
Hondata Boost Solenoid INSTALLED
MSD 3-bar w/connector INSTALLED
Vibrant vacuum block INSTALLED
Oil pan (Welded) INSTALLED
Walbro 255 INSTALLED
Odyssey PC680MJT INSTALLED
Odyssey Billet Tray INSTALLED
Fuel Rail INSTALLED BUT to be replaced with GE
Prosport Peak/Warn Oil Pressure / Fuel Pressure / Boost Amber/White 52mm. Mount where AC control are and relocate AC controls INSTALLED
NGK IX 8's INSTALLED
GlowShift OIL FEED LINE ADAPTER PLATE INSTALLED
K-Teller 3" SS piping INSTALLED
Apexi N1 Exhaust INSTALLED
CC Stage4 Clutch w/ACT SOLID plate INSTALLED
Greddy Turbo Timer (black) INSTALLED
Fast-Turbo Oil Line KitINSTALLED
Ingalls Stiffy Torque Damper INSTALLED
Precision Fuel Injectors: 1000cc w/resistor box and clips INSTALLED
Aeromotive In-Line Fuel Filter AER-12301
Innovative Engine Mount Kit 60A INSTALLED
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator AER-13109 w/fittings INSTALLED
All Fuel Fittings INSTALLED
Heat Wrap INSTALLED
Kpro INSTALLED
Fuel Feed/Return Lines INSTALLED
RBC w/Karconcepts Adapter plate INSTALLED
Hondata IMG INSTALLED

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the same exhaust, how did it sound with the turbo? and do you think you'll eventually get a larger set up?

nm I see you have 3inch piping Im guessing you just use the N1 muffler?

#8 ·
nu uh most of the pb builds with gt30's are utilizing 76, now your gonna have to work that turbo a little harder to make the numbers u wanna achieve

#10 · (Edited)
I'm assuming you meant to type Hondata Boost solenoid?

Also, don't waste your money on 60A mounts. ESMM inserts are rumored to be just as stiff. IMHO you need to get at least 75As. I run 85As.

And you need to add a fuel feed system to your list. I would feel very sketchy about running 420whp on a stock feed setup. That line is TINY TINY. So you should plan on running a -8an feed with an Aeromotive inline fuel filter somewhere on the feed and whatever pump you decide to go with. For your pwoer goal a walbro 155 will probably suffice.

#12 ·
I'm assuming you meant to type Hondata Boost solenoid?

Also, don't waste your money on 60A mounts. ESMM inserts are rumored to be just as stiff. IMHO you need to get at least 75As. I run 85As.

And you need to add a fuel feed system to your list. I would feel very sketchy about running 420whp on a stock feed setup. That line is TINY TINY. So you should plan on running a -8an feed with an Aeromotive inline fuel filter somewhere on the feed and whatever pump you decide to go with. For your pwoer goal a walbro 155 will probably suffice.
i doubt that. u are completely replacing 3 mounts at least versus adding something on to the front and rear mounts.

#20 ·
nice build. good info on the fuel return. i hope i wont have to run one at 350whp if i can run low boost. not gonna get a diff intake mani?

#28 ·
looks good, how did u do the battery tray?

#30 ·
Cut up a plexi plate to cover the A/C PCB, painted it Red (will be black on the final version) to see how the 2 bulbs shine thru it. Looks ok, other than it stands out (the color red) on my dash.not my style. Gonna make a final one this weekend with cleaner circles and in Black.

Targeted items to be buying this Friday:

Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm WG
Peakboost Oil Return Kit

Or

CC Stage4 Clutch and install the following weekend
Greddy Turbo Timer

Edit: Installing Walbro this coming weekend.

#31 ·
why don't u just get the entire pb kit?

#33 ·
i mean, would it be cheaper to buy it seperately or all together? i am thinking all together.. and less headache...

#35 ·
good stuff on the gauges by the way :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.