Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, its almost that time for the 49th Annual Bay Bottom Crawl in Key West. People go from all over the state to experience this autox... The course has been set up the exact same every year for 49 years now. This will be my 3rd year. Its a whole weekend with practice runs on saturday, a banquet saturday night, and then recorded times on sunday. By far some of the most fun weekends of my life. I encourage anyone who likes autoX or road racing to give it a shot... 100+mph is expected.

I have run it with Rey, Sunkist the last two years

here is the link for all the info and course pics.

http://www.evscc.com/baybottommain.htm

and a list of vids people have put on youtube from the event

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bay+bottom+crawl&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=bay+bottom+craw

·
no time to drive the RSX
6,838 Posts
I should be there, but I don't know if I'm going to the dinner. < :baby: >

:weeeeeeeeee:

BTW I believe it's the fastest in the US.

·
no time to drive the RSX
6,838 Posts

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
Damn, looks bumpy and long.

Would you say this track is too much for a first timer?

·
no time to drive the RSX
6,838 Posts

Yeah, it's not recommeded for 1st timers, but I'm sure you could register. Just take it easy on Saturday < practice > & sorta push harder on Sunday.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it can def be dangerous... but given that you have fwd and just take it easy, there wont be a prob.... every car that i have seen wreck has been a higher-hp rwd car

·
147,303 Posts
People go from all over the country to experience this autox...
Fixed.
Long, yes.
Bumpy, only in a few spots does it get a little bad. There's a dip somewhere around halfway, and then pavement is cracked up in the turn after that. Other than that, it's not too bad.
As mentioned, just take it easy on your first couple practice laps and get used to the track. I think they give all 1st timers a run-through once or twice before the practice laps begin.

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
wow that is crazy i would be scared to go off int the woods going that fast i think i will miss this one out

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fixed.Long, yes.
Bumpy, only in a few spots does it get a little bad. There's a dip somewhere around halfway, and then pavement is cracked up in the turn after that. Other than that, it's not too bad.As mentioned, just take it easy on your first couple practice laps and get used to the track. I think they give all 1st timers a run-through once or twice before the practice laps begin.
so uh alex, are you going to grow some and run this year or what?

im shooting for a 2:35.5

·
no time to drive the RSX
6,838 Posts

·
147,303 Posts
so uh alex, are you going to grow some and run this year or what?
Car = not moving right now.

By then, I'll probably be too busy with the academy to even get out to take pics let alone compete again :(

Maybe next year when I get my Si running.
Civic would be a lot cheaper/easier to fix vs. paying $$$ if anything happened to the S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts