Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are my runs with the fastest trap speed usually with the worst 60' and ET and vice versa?? All I noticed was that the runs with the worse ETs and 60', and fastest traps were the ones were I bogged pretty bad off the line and the my runs with the best ET and 60' with the slowest traps were the ones were I was spinning off the line. What is going on here?? I usually run in Sacramento raceway and the weather that day was in the low 70s with 55% humidity.

For example: 14.9 @ 95.8 with a 2.5 60' (The azenis hooked up like crazy and bogged from 4k to 3k, it was a terrible run...took forever to get into vtec :shakehea: ) and my other run 14.4 @ 95.3 with a 2.2 60' (launching at the limiter).

I am confused :dontknow: .

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
the higher your 60' generally the slower your time BUT a higher trap speed.

Thats why at the track (1/8) i trap much higher than the v8's on slicks even though i got stomped.

for instance:
my run= 2.2 60'.....9.40 et.......79 mph
v8's slicks= 1.6ish 60'......8.10.....68 mph

you will trap higher because you dont have traction to begin with, and you spin up to your speed (kinda).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.